[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Future of CBF?

Future of CBF?

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Future of CBF?

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue May 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Recently, some moderate Baptist leaders .

So, where should we look to see what the broad CBF movement will look like 5 or 10 years down the road?
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Future of CBF?

Postby Tim Dahl » Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed May 12, 2010 9:25 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am

Ed, here is a . The previous link points to Daniel's comments following the event.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Tim Dahl » Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 am

Ed, I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. I fully take responsibility for not writing with clarity and succinctness. In no way do I desire to "out plant" the SBC. Actually, I wasn't thinking of the SBC at all in regards to the CBF future. If I made misleading statements about a desire to out plant the SBC, I truly apologize. I greatly desire to see conversations develop about the CBF in which one never encounters a word about the SBC.

Also, again I must attest to my lack of clarity in writing. My lack of mentioning revitalizing of current dead and dying churches doesn't mean that I'm against it. Not at all. However, since the questions was about the "Future of CBF," then I must disagree with you about branding. That tends to be very important when we are talking about the continued existence of a current institution. It will be because of the CBF brand, that people will want to be a part of it...or not. If the brand is about incarnating Christ in culture and church multiplication (just to name a couple), then I believe that will be a huge plus. I realize that some people may grimace at the use of a secular term, such as "brand," but I still think it is relevant..whether or not we choose to use that word, or some baptized phrase.

I really do think we miss the mark when church planting isn't a greater part of our strategy. I believe there is a great blessing when churches choose to plant other churches, and not get worried about their own enlargement. There seems to be something about helping others, both individually and corporately. God chooses to bless us when we bless others, including in the area of church planting. I also believe that the local church is just as much an organism, as it is an organization. Organisms are meant to reproduce, to "be fruitful and multiply," if you will. Yes, we are individually called to be making disciples as we go; and I also believe part of that is an effective church planting strategy. Not every church is made for every person. I would like for us to get out of a competition mindset, and into a multiplication mindset.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Tim Dahl

Postby Tim Dahl » Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Tim Dahl

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed May 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Dahl » Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 pm

TimB - are you sporting a beard now? I'm so jealous!!! I can't grow a beard worth anything.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Tim Dahl

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 am

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Ed Pettibone