[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Online Bible College

Online Bible College

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Online Bible College

Postby KRay9 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Is there a university that anyone recommends? I am currently serving on active duty in the United States Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer and want to pursue a Masters in Divinity or a Masters in Ministry. The main purpose is to be able to reach out to my fellow sailors when possible by gaining a better understanding of the bible. Being that I am on active duty, I must be able to complete 100% of the degree online. Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to provide.

I have my bachelors degree and am about to complete a Masters degree, neither of which are in a related field of study.
KRay9

Re: Online Bible College

Postby Tim Dahl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm

You can check out the , but I'm not sure if they have anything that can be completed %100 online.

Sorry,

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't have a suggestion to offer, but I took Ray's selection of the CBF forum to post this in as some sort of indication of theological bent.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KRay9 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Thank you for the replies and I will look into the schools that were suggested. I am a very conservative independent fundamental baptist. The research that I have done so far has led me to either Liberty University or Peidmont Baptist College, both of which offer 100% online Masters degrees, not necessarily in Divinity, but Christian Leadership, Ministry, etc. I intend to get the Masters while on shore duty and then later in my career follow it up with a Doctorate.

I am reviewing the beliefs of the two schools that I previously mentioned in order to ensure that their beliefs are in line with mine. Have you heard anything about these schools?
KRay9

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:06 pm

What made you choose the CBF forum to post in? CBF is a group that is to the left of the bulk of the SBC, and definitely not "independent fundamentalist". Just curious. I'm quite a bit to the left of the CBF myself, and have no idea what schools might fit your preconceptions of acceptability.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KRay9 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Sorry, this was the first baptist forum that I found online. I did a little more searching and found an independent baptist forum. Thanks for the help and God bless.
KRay9

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum