[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF of VA

CBF of VA

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

CBF of VA

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:04 pm

I am currently attending the meeting of CBFVA in Virginia Beach. Today was a good day for the meeting with an hour and a half of having Brian McLaren Skyped to the church where we are meeting for a session addressing the latest of his books, "A New Kind of Christian." He was well received, and questions could be directed to him by Bo Prosser who moderated the event. I was pleased with the issues discussed. More when I have the time.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: CBF of VA

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Unfortunately, my work schedule Friday is: 8:00am - 11:00pm, so I will be unable to attend any Friday sessions. I hear they may be "streamed", and I may be in position to watch on my meal break between 5pm and 5:30. I DO plan to attend Bo Prosser's Sunday School teacher training in Norfolk Saturday morning at 8:30am.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:07 pm

CBFVA certainly has arrived in the technology age. For this General Assembly, we had Brian McLaren by Skype so he could leave a smaller carbon footprint than flying down, spending the night, and flying home. After getting accustomed to his presence on the screen, it really allowed us all to be engaged with him. We had a missional conference today I attended on the meshing of technology into the church. Nathan White, the web guru for CBF did a good discussion on using social networking sites to further the ministries of local churches. I got the chance to put in a plug for the CBF forum here. Today's worship was special. We had a special music trio of a father and two sons who were excellent and who did a meaningful job. The sermon was from Rev. Coleen Swingle-Titus who did a superb job focusing of Jesus' call to discipleship as she talked about leaving our nets. Then communion was served by intinction with each of us serving the person behind us in line. It was very touching to watch a pastor's daughter serve her father. Offering money was to go to Student dot Go with a match of up to $3000 for helping college and seminary students spend their summer in missions. For those who are concerned about bloated bureaucracies, CBFVA operates with one full-time employee and three part-time people.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 am

Does Nathan White now work for CBF VA? When I first started a blog, Nathan and I interacted quite a bit. He was an expert on web technology and design - had a blog for a while too called Moral Contradictions.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:56 pm

CBFVA received yesterday a bequest that will guarantee some of our ministries at least for a decade or more. That kind of commitment says that someone believes in CBF. Thanks be to God! :D

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum