[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I Like This Church Model!

I Like This Church Model!

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

I Like This Church Model!

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:47 am

I like this church model - in Raleigh, NC, .
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: I Like This Church Model!

Postby David Flick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:41 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am

I do not think any one church model is suitable for all situations, but agree with Ed that a coffee house model can work in rural communities (maybe not in a farmhouse or ranchhouse, but certainly in quite small, rural towns) and with David that it would not work among Native Americans.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Mark

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:48 am

One of the fascinating things about church life today is that we are developing a great deal more variety. At one time, the cookie cutter mentality had fallen on most churches, and the creation of a new church was simply exporting the culture of the mother church. I like the idea that churches can grow without having to be alike.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:33 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:05 am

I can certainly see this working in Seattle! I know of several families who want to spend their weekend time TOGETHER, because both parents work during the week, and kids are in daycare, many young families nowdays ( at least in our area) are composed of young parents who never went to church growing up, and are feeling a need for what they missed, and are on the same level as the kids as far as Bible knowledge. A format where the whole family learns together in a relaxed setting sounds pretty appealing to me. We have a midweek Bible Study on Wed afternoons and evening, and have several folks who attend who never show up on Sunday because they work weekends, or live outside of town and drop by on the way home from work one day a week. " Thinking outside the box" is something more churches need to try. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Cathy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Sounds interesting to me as well, Bruce. Particularly since my kids are 12 or older.

I think Flathead county has lots more Baptists than your area. I know there are at least three SBC churches of a fair size. There are lots of independent Baptist churches as well.

First Baptist Kalispell is tiny and is short of young people so my 12 year old will probably find it a hard fit for her. On the other hand she seems willing to give it a try. The location is good for me when visiting my husband. It is close to the hospital so will be an important point in choosing a house. I know Texas Baptists that go to FBC Big Fork a GARBC church! I presently am leaning toward a house between Whitefish and Kalispell. However FBC Whitefish seems to be an independent church.

A lutheran and episcopal church look like possibilities as well.

I thought I would join FBC Missoula (ABC) when we looked into moving there. The pastor is a Campbell and Carson-Newman grad.
Cathy

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:45 am

Ed: Kalispell FBC is definitely ABC. The pastor graduated from Golden Gate but I think has worked entirely with ABC. He was in Japan with ABC for 20 years. I think you haven't heard of the church because it is tiny. I think most baptists in Kalispell are SBC, independent, or other.
Cathy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum