Death of Ana D'Amico

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Death of Ana D'Amico

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 am

Ken and Sandy Hale coordinators of the Baptist Fellowship of the Northeast have forwarded this note from Dr. David D'Amico

Dear Ones,

Ana has joined the host of heroines in Heaven after giving brest cancer a meaningful fight.

We praise God for her life and her unselfish mission to the kingdom, including ministry at home, by my side in many churches in Texas, NJ, NY, NC, KY and with the CBF at the UN and in NC with loved ones like you!

Blessings !

The D'Amico's have been back in Louisville for a while now and that is where Ana died. It happens that Ken and Sandy are visiting Louisville at this time and they plan to attend Ana's visitation.

Dr. D'Amico was teaching at SBTS when I went back there to finish in 1990, however we got to know he and Ana better through our affiliation with the BFNE, while he was at the UN. as a CBF Missions rep.

Ed Pettibone
Ed Pettibone

Re: Death of Ana D'Amico

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks, Ed, for starting this thread; you beat me to it. I am sorry to hear of Ana's passing; before their retirement, she and David served Baptists faithfully for many years.

Here's the CBF news release.
Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

She and her husband have served among Baptists and among world diplomats with grace and dignity. Their example has set a high standard for all who would engage in such a high-profile ministry.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 am

Impressive woman, it sounds like. The UN's a great mission field, and NGO status is the ticket. Glad CBF has made use of it.

Haruo
Buenos Aires...interment...
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:37 pm

ED: Haruo, why did you write "Buenos Aires...interment..." ? Is that some sort of question or a statement or simply stray thoughts? :?

Ana was Born June 19, 1936, in Rosario, Argentina, she graduated from the University of Buenos Aries in 1956 and married David the same year. I am presuming that the interment will be at Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville. And here I have used "presuming" advisedly.
Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum