[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF, BJC, Young Baptists and Voluntary Faith

CBF, BJC, Young Baptists and Voluntary Faith

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

CBF, BJC, Young Baptists and Voluntary Faith

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:47 pm

The following blog entry and responses touch upon a cornerstone of our Baptist heritage: the protection and preservation of voluntary faith - http://cbfportal.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... h-the-bjc/

Kris, if you chance upon this post: recognizing that you do not speak for CBF, I do nonetheless wonder if you see yourself speaking for other young moderate Baptists?
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: CBF, BJC, Young Baptists and Voluntary Faith

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I hope folks here will check out Kris Norris' recent post on the CBF blog titled

The comments from Bruce and Don are especially good. I think Kris needs to learn a little more about Baptist history (ironically I've been informed that Kris also works for BHHS :wink: ) and the Baptist Joint Committee. My comment expressed a bit of frustration with Kris for writing such a post and then not hanging around to defend his words. As someone who has been active in the blogosphere for about 4 years, it's slightly annoying when a blogger posts something certain to be controversial and then does not bother to dialogue with commenters.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Tim Dahl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:42 am

BDW,

Does your enthusiasm for blogger/commenter interaction going to extend to your own blog? I noticed that your comment section is still turned off.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 am

Tim Dahl,

STILL turned off? What are you talking about?

I've NEVER turned my comments off. Are you sure that you visited my blog?

Based on your comment, I assume that you actually tried to leave one?

Since the Convention and General Assembly have been over, the blogosphere has slowed down a bit as well as the comments. But I've had a comment or two left each and every day this week.

I'm no SBC Today and I really think you're confused...

www.thebigdaddyweave.com
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Tim Dahl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am

Whoa there big guy. No need for the long knives.

Yep, I've tried to put up a few comments, mostly in agreement. I'll check your blog again.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum