[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - First CBF Church in Montana

First CBF Church in Montana

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

First CBF Church in Montana

Postby Bruce Gourley » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am

Last month the first CBF church in Montana held its inaugural worship service (yes, it was I that got the ball rolling on starting this church; the pastor is a long time friend who, working with me and together working with national CBF and NC CBF and a number of individual congregations in the South, moved to Montana as a church starter). Today, the church is running about 50 in weekly attendance, a remarkable number for a new church start that began by focusing solely on reaching the unchurched. A few weeks ago, .
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: First CBF Church in Montana

Postby David Flick » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:38 am

I'm also glad to hear this. It will be interesting to see how it develops.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 am

I guess you could say Bruce is helping "brew" a new church start.... :D

Great news, Bruce!
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby David Flick » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:47 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Ed: This comment is interesting "The Well is not affiliated with any denomination. The term Hall uses to describe The Well is "post-denominational," meaning that it has moved beyond division based on doctrinal differences."

While it is correct that "The Well is not affiliated with any denomination", Bruce says it is a CBF church.
Perhaps this one reason CBF Executive Coordinator, Dan Vestal says he is not real enthused with the term CBF church. Source, Vestal's address to the Baptist Fellowship of the Northeast in Wilton Connecticut 5/8/09
Personally I have no objection to responsible beer drinking and I would not object to a church bowing team competing in a league at a bowing ally that serves beer even if a few people had a beer during the game, I may not even object to a Bible study that meets in a bar, but for me a "church service" deserve better than to have to compete with other barroom activity . I am looking forward to Haruo's take on this.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 pm

While I'm grateful that we have non-alcoholic "wine" in our med cups at Fremont, I don't have any objection to beer in the sanctuary for others. When they do start offering communion will it be 5 oz. glasses, or larger? I assume Jesus and the twelve were not using thimbles in the upper room.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Haruo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum