[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Who Will Be Attending the Houston General Assembly?

Who Will Be Attending the Houston General Assembly?

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Who Will Be Attending the Houston General Assembly?

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed May 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I know that Ed and Trudy will be present, but who else among BL.Com folk will be in Houston for the General Assembly?
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Who Will Be Attending the Houston General Assembly?

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed May 13, 2009 7:58 pm

I plan to be there with my son who is a student at BTSR. I will be there for the Wednesday activities including the workshops and the IME Luncheon. I hope to see several BL faces.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby jeremy_shoulta » Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 am

I will be there with my wife. We will be attending the leadership seminar on Wednesday afternoon as well. Hope to meet everyone face to face!
jeremy_shoulta

Postby Chris » Sat May 16, 2009 10:04 am

What are the dates? What hotel or meeting hall? Can you give me a link?
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat May 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 am

Mark

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:04 pm

I'll be there. Wednesday early evening thru Friday late afternoon.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Ed: Yep we are in Jacksonville Fla. going to Tampa To marow, W. Palm on Saturday and Back up here on tuesday evening to fly out on the 1st. Bach ro here on the 4th. We look forward to seeing all who will be inatendance.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Rock » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:38 am

I will be there Wed. through Fri.
Rock

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 am

I will be table hosting one of the tables for the Leadership Seminar. I would love to have some BL folks join my table.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:57 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:45 pm

"Houston, we have a problem...."

I will not be in Houston for the Assembly (and Coordinating Council meeting) despite planning and preparation. Last week I was battling heat exhaustion and a chest cold. I decided late Sunday it was in my best interest to stay home and continue to rest. I will miss seeing all of you and enjoying some Baptist fellowship. I look forward to the reports of the BL.com attendees. The one side benefit of not attending is that I'll be home, rather than gone, for my middle child's ninth birthday. Quentin and I will be going out for a son-and-father birthday breakfast about the time the first Assembly session gets underway.

BTW, Aaron, are you feeling any better?
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby Rob Marus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 pm

I'll be there -- arriving tomorrow early afternoon and staying for the whole thing. You'll most likely find me chained to my computer in the newsroom!
Rob Marus

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 am

Houston, we have another problem... Similar to Michael and BDiddy, alas, it looks like I won't be headed to the Lone Star State this week, either. As I just wrote to someone in a PM, "Looks like I'm not going to make it to Houston after all...I've been coughing non-stop for five days, and figured I'd be over it by today. But this morning it was actually worse, so I'm headed to the doctor this afternoon so as to hopefully get rid of what whatever bug I've got once and for all. So my better judgement has kicked in and I've decided not to go, even though it makes me sick (no pun intended) to miss the General Assembly..."

Mark (with gratitude for cut-and-paste capabilities)
:angel:
Last edited by Mark on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 am

Well, shucks... Looks like after all. (And I won't). :(
Mark

Postby bobfrgsn » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:52 pm

I am planning to bee present all day friday. Iam coming to Houston tosee my new (and only) beautiful grand chiild we are driving from mandeville tomorrow. Would love to meet with some of y'll If any of ya'll woulk to meet up pm me but if you want to see my granddaughter click on my blog!
Bob Ferguson

my blogspot: http://bobferguson.blogspot.com/
Free and Faithful Baptist are welcome to comment ...
bobfrgsn

Location: Mandeville, Louisiana on the northshore of beautiful Lake Ponchatrain

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:10 pm

So far only Ed and I have gotten together. I'm hoping for more tomorrow.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Is "streaming" available? Is BDW's blog as close as we'll get to "live?"
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:28 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:39 am

Last edited by Mark on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Postby jeremy_shoulta » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Ed and Bruce today. I hope I can meet others tomorrow.
jeremy_shoulta

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:05 am

Jeremy, I enjoyed meeting you and your wife. I hope to read more of your insights in the future, and do be sure to say high to my friend Tom Smoot. Also visited with Ed yesterday (did not see Trudy, although Ed said she was around somewhere). Aaron Big Daddy Weaver I've seen weaving all over the place around here (was glad he joined us for the Whitsitt board meeting), and Rob Marus I spotted in the press room. I also have chatted with a few anonymous lurkers (who will remain anonymous herein).
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:02 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy yesterday, seeing Rob again, and being in a workshop with Trudy. I was looking for Bob but did not connect. It was certainly nice to see Bruce also.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Next

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum