Nurturing Faith, the NRA and Gun Control

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Nurturing Faith, the NRA and Gun Control

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 pm

A Doctor Blackwell from Providence Baptist Church in Charlotte, a medical Doctor, has a very strong piece in a recent issue of Nurturing faith about the NRA and Gun Control. It's about time. I called Baptist Jeff Duncan's DC office this morning. He is the US Rep for Clemson, Greenwood, Laurens, Wahalla; that corner of South Carolina and a founding member of the Second Amendment caucus. His staff is very coy about where his church membership is but I have weeded out FBC Greenwood and FBC Laurens though 90 percent certain he is from Laurens County.

Adam Lankford, a mass shooter profiler from the Univ of Alabama was on NPR recently. Here is hoping Blackwell gets louder on his microphone, brings the Vandy Trauma Doctor who has spoken nationally about the Benton, Ky massacre, and bring the conversation to NW South Carolina this fall after Labor day for the mid term elections.

I don't think it will take much to bring Nick Saban's St. Francis Catholic Church in Tuscaloosa, then Dabo Swinney and SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey into this conversation now there is a reference point with Lankford at Bama.
Stephen Fox

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum