Neil Rogers

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Neil Rogers

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am

Does anyone remember Neil Rogers, former SBC Pastor who supported CBF? I seem to remember he left the pastorate and wrote for something connected to the CBF. I ran into him some years ago in Dallas. He was the pastor of the first church I worked at.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: Neil Rogers big press conference.

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:32 pm

I thought he spelled his name Neal Rogers. He is famous for the newsletter right before the San Antonio SBC Convention of 88 where he spelled out published an invitation with Pressler and Patterson as host to a meeting of the Council for National Policy. Pressler went through the roof and there was a joint appearance of Rogers and James Dunn at an 11am press conference in San Antonio before the vote for President or a meeting of the Ex Com. I invited Babs Baugh and her husband to the event. Patterson and Ed Young wandered in. It was one to remember. I think Carolyn Weatherford Crumpler found her way to this room where about a hundred fifty folks showed up in addition to media.

I think they called it the Baptist Laity Journal at that time. Neal and Foy Valentine's then son in law Lee Berg were doing exculpatory journalism at that time.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum