Any one else going to Dallas

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: Any one else going to Dallas

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Dave Roberts wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Dave Roberts wrote:The report can be implemented by the Governing Board. It is not required to be submitted to the General Assembly.

Does it get to be a topic of discussion, or is it a done deal?

Don't know yet. There may be a business breakout, but I have not heard.

Ed: See The post by Arron Weaver. Apparently the Coordinating Council considers it a done deal. I am anxious to hear from CBFers Gathered in Dallas. Though there may be no discussion of this action on the formal agenda. There is nothing to stop interested parties getting together on our own. It might be a good time to bring back Mainstream National.
JE Pettibone

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Big Daddy Weaver wrote:
With the Feb. 9 vote of the Governing Board, the new hiring policy is now official CBF policy (http://illuminationproject.net/hiring-policy). No additional action is needed as the development and adoption of policies is the responsibility of the Governing Board. Procedures--including the implementation procedure--are the responsibility of the Executive Coordinator.

The rank-and-file are out of the process. The hierarchy rules. It will be interesting to see how this goes down.
Jim

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm not familiar with CBF parliamentary procedures at the General Assembly any more, since they've restructured. Their claim of a "new way to be Baptist" seems to have manifested itself in a hierarchical governing board. My prediction is that this will turn out to be a costly mistake.
Sandy
Sandy

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum