Texas in rebellion

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: Texas in rebellion

Postby JE Pettibone » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Tim Bonney wrote:
JE Pettibone wrote:Ed: Tim why would I worry about you. But tell me when did the Methodist start trying to find a way to compromise with Sin?

When we decided that not ALL Baptists were going to hell so we might talk to a few of them without sinning over much. :lol:

And, Ed we've argued in the past (ad nauseam) as to if homosexuality is sin or not. We have different views and that hasn't changed.

Ed: The struggle that you agree Methodist have with the issue of Homosexuality demonstrates that only some Methodist compromise with this particular sin. and it is not something to snicker about let alone to laugh out loud. :brick:
JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:36 pm

JE Pettibone wrote:I am some what surprised at the reaction of the more liberal CBF churches.... I do hope to see more moderates involved in the decisions making and let the more liberal folk move to the Alliance. I have a notion that the "envisioning" committee had hoped that by changing the hiring policy that CBF could simply absorb the Alliance.

I am surprised at their reaction as well. They've been part of CBF all along, but not now? And the question is, since the governing board moved ahead with this, can they go back now? I don't think they can, at least, not without some resignations. It may take a while to see how many churches decide to follow the state convention leads and stop contributing. A couple of months should tell.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 am

Sandy wrote:
JE Pettibone wrote:I am some what surprised at the reaction of the more liberal CBF churches.... I do hope to see more moderates involved in the decisions making and let the more liberal folk move to the Alliance. I have a notion that the "envisioning" committee had hoped that by changing the hiring policy that CBF could simply absorb the Alliance.

I am surprised at their reaction as well. They've been part of CBF all along, but not now? And the question is, since the governing board moved ahead with this, can they go back now? I don't think they can, at least, not without some resignations. It may take a while to see how many churches decide to follow the state convention leads and stop contributing. A couple of months should tell.

I do not know for certain, but what I am hearing in VA is that this may hurt the BGAV more than CBF because the individual churches will each have to determine the percentage of their contributions to go to CBF and to BGAV in a BGAV only plan. I have no idea about Texas.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum