Aaron Weaver reporting from Greensboro

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Aaron Weaver reporting from Greensboro

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:20 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Aaron Weaver reporting from Greensboro

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 am

Stephen Fox wrote:cbfblog.com

and links here

https://cbfblog.com/2016/06/23/hearing- ... -assembly/

Ed: Thanks Steve for picking up om this. Tom Longs Message was indeed moving. Also the Tweets provide a great taste of the event. Sorry there where not more BL.C participants there. We did see Dave Roberts, Bruce Gourley, John Pierce, and Arron Weaver, plus a few lurkers.
Really missed Flick.

More and more under 50 folk. I couldn't make an accurate count but it seemed to me that Females outnumbered Males, about 5 to 4.

Something that has always impressed me at CBF assemblies is how former Moderators blend into the crowd during one session Dr, Emmanuel McCall was sitting directly across the aisle from us Hal Bass Sat nearby in another session, at at the final Session Dr. Jimmy Allen and his wife sat next to Trudy. It seemed The Dr. William Tuck, one of our former pastors and his Wife Emily where always seated nearby.

The Baptist Fellowship of the Northeast had a good turnout with some where near 30 in attendance. They presented us with an extremely welcome book that has a list of all Interstate Exits with a brief description of of what you can find there. It was quite useful on the trip home.
We found two Wall-Mart's where we parked our Motor Home and Jeep overnight. One was in Maryland and the other in New Jersey just before we got back into NY. For the CBF meeting we Stayed in a KOA campground just 6.5 miles from the the Convention center. We left Greensboro Saturday Morning and Arrived Home around 2:30 PM yesterday (Mon). Traffic around D.C. was SLOW but kept moving 5 to 15 MPH.

Looking forward to next year in Atlanta.
Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum