[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Frank Broome and Progressive Baptist Conversation

Frank Broome and Progressive Baptist Conversation

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Frank Broome and Progressive Baptist Conversation

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:16 am

Earlier this week I participated in a strong exchange with Lia scholl and Elin Jimmerson and others on the facebook wall of PBC where Jeff Hood postulated a provocative post about the direction of the CBF on LGBT calling CBF hypocrites. I'm of the notion these single issue folks are wittingly or not attempting to sabotage the fine work of the CBF. They always have the Alliance, another fine Baptist congregation, to be out there if they need a place to preach.

Frank Broome puts it in perspective this morning at ed.com. Even so its a good tension, take it over Ronnie Floyd and Richard Land and the near comatose Paige Patterson anyday.

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/balancing-tw ... -cms-23491
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Frank Broome and Progressive Baptist Conversation

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 am

It is a good article Fox. But I don't see how it relates to the discussion about LGBT folks and the CBF?
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:57 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 am

I just re-read the article. I don't see a mention of LGBT issues.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

OK, re-re-read article and re-read Fox's post. Again, nice article. But if he is dealing with LGBT issues he is dancing around it. I'd not be surprised at that. A lot of moderate Christians and moderate Christian organizations have to do that.

But I'm also handicapped because I can't find the discussion that I think Fox is referencing that the article is supposed to be in response to.

It doesn't matter much Ed. I'm not involved in the CBF any longer. So, while curious, I am not interesting in fighting over the interpretation of the article or the CBF's position on LGBTQ issues.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:58 pm

Hard for me to know if it is the "Elephant in the room" or not since I'm not involved. It is way more than the elephant in the room in the UMC. It may be what splits us if a solution isn't arrived at. Thanks for the input Ed.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Frank and a Facebook wall

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:51 am

Progressive Baptist Conversation is a Facebook wall established by Jeff Hood. About four days before the Gboro CBF there was an intense exchange by many folks on CBF Hiring policy that foreshadowed the Orlando statement that 400 petition signers have questioned.

Thus the prophetic statement of Broome before all this hit the fan even if Broome is quite mild.

Pettibone and others can chase more rabbits than there are rabbits to chase even in a fertile year. I guess that's why this site is down to about five active participants. But I'm one of them,so .........

Stephen Fox

This petition as linked by Baptist Global News

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 am

Who signed it.Where is that list of names?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17PErOm ... 9879227000

Stephen Fox

Re: This petition as linked by Baptist Global News

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum