BFNE spring meeting

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

BFNE spring meeting

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 am

We will again gather at the Metro Baptist Church in NYC, Friday May 30 and Saturday the 31st. CBF chaplains in the NE will be having a meeting all day on Friday, and other CBFers Will meet for Dinner and an evening get together with National CBF coordinator Suzzii Paynter. On Saturday morning we will have a worship service with Music by Rev Ken Bogan, pastor of the Greater Restoration Baptist Church in Brooklyn, and his jazz group. Ken and his wife Betty are two of the original BFNE group as is Ronnie Adams who works with HIV patients through Metro's Raushenbusch Center http://rmmnyc.org/#/programs/hivaids-service other programs of the Rauchenbusch Meto Ministries may be found at that link. Another of the NE originals Rev. Mary Beth Caffey who now pastors an ABC-USA church in Main is expected to also be in attendance. As will Our own Rev. Jason Coker Pastor of the CBF church at Wilton Connecticut, he is also the National CBF Secretary. This will be my fourth visit to Metro since arriving in NY in 2001

We always look forward to visiting NYC, Saturday afternoon Trudy and I will play tourist after lunch at Schnipper's. (In my opinion the greatest fast food place anywhere) about two blocks East of Metro. Just across from the NYC Port Authority Bus Station.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/3/1431770 ... chen-photo

On Sunday we may venture into Brooklyn to worship with Ken And Betty at Greater Restoration. And then back to Manhattan to visit the 9-11 memorial.
Ed Pettibone

Re: BFNE spring meeting -Schedule change

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu May 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Rev. Ken Bogan and his group will be playing Friday evening and on Saturday Morning there will be a participatory envisioning process led by Mrs. Paynter.
Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum