[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Question for my CBF friends

Question for my CBF friends

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Question for my CBF friends

Postby William Thornton » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:16 am

Who is the highest ranking CBF staffer (national or state organization) who is non-white?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Question for my CBF friends

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 am

Come to Mercer and I'll show you around the CBF Resource Center - or wait until later this summer and visit the CBF Resource Center.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby William Thornton » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 am

Next time I am in Macon with some time, I would love to.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 am

We're on the Mercer-Atlanta campus which is Exit #94 on I-85 South, Chamblee/30341 - the first floor of the old headquarters for the Georgia Baptist Convention.
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby William Thornton » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Traffic is pretty awful on weekdays. I've got a Kroger and some fast food places a mile or so away that I'll go to during the week but that's all the traveling that I'll do. Weekends can be fun though - enjoyed lots of free Final Four festivities at Olympic Park. Looking to make it to a Braves game soon and maybe bump into Johnny Pierce at batting practice - whose residence this time of year is Section 222, Row 1, Seat 1.

Here's Johnny's blog:

http://viewfrom222.blogspot.com/
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 am

I guess I must have missed your moving to Atlanta. Hope you make it to the 30 year bash in Gainesville.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 am

TrudyU

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:42 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

To be honest, Sandy, I for one never looked at the pictures to see what color those people were whose names were on the CBF staff. Guess that's largely irrelevant to me.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:58 am

Ed: Thanks Keith, I had finally put that together. :oops: When I see "Gainsville" I think - Florida.
TrudyU

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 am

Of course, William, you realize it's CBF, and so it won't be that big of a deal to most folks here if there aren't any people of color among the higher level staff. They will get a pass, with whatever explanation is provided.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:20 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

I think William

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 pm

may be hinting at the recent Sean Hannity Town Halls on Black conservatives; or trying to figure out what S.C. Gov Tim Scott is all about as have I.

I like Scott's bio, even the CFilA mentorship but don't quite get how that makes him Senator. I think Cleveland Sellers Jr. would be much better black senator for S.C. than Scott but that for another day.

William, an interesting analysis of how white fundy baptists abandoned Jimmy Carter for Reagan vs Black Baptists who stayed with him in 79 has crossed my radar lately.

Your question, William, begs the wrong answer. The real question is what was Pressler, Patterson, Jesse Helms and Criswell's race history, not to mention major influence on Adrian Rogers, Ed McAteer.

Do I think Adrian's son David is a racist? No I do not. But like Harry Dent's daughter Ginny, neither are rushing to write an honest history of the politics of their Dad's race history nor its signficance for the conservative resurgence.

BDW, so you are on staff with CBF, located in Atlanta now. I did not know that. You may have to come to Rome Ga to chat in June or so, or my 60th bday party in about three weeks if it makes, about 90 mins from you.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum