Trudy and Ed...

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Trudy and Ed...

Postby William Thornton » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:52 pm

...have a nice photo and write-up in The Fellowship. BL even gets a mention. Will provide a link when it's available.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Trudy and Ed...

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 pm

William Thornton wrote:...have a nice photo and write-up in The Fellowship. BL even gets a mention. Will provide a link when it's available.

Ed: Thanks William, we knew it was coming about, but most of our publications go to Trudy's brother in West Palm, he tells us what he has and packages what we want and sends it to our latest or maybe our next address, per our instructions. They called and asked for an interview shortly after we moved from Lake City to Clermont Did you see it o line or in the print edition"

I haven't been reading a lot on line. I am sort of nursing the time until we establish a hot spot usage pattern.
JE Pettibone

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:34 pm

I just received my copy of Fellowship magazine. I enjoyed the article on Ed and Trudy. I had to re-read it to find the reference to BaptistLife.com.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Ed: Not being sure when we might get our personal copy copy of the fellowship magazine we made a point of driving across town (Orlando) from Clermont to Collage Park to attend THE CHURCH ON THE DRIVE formerly FBC of College Park, College Park was home church two former acquaintances, the late Findly Edge who taught Christian Education at SBTS when I was there in the 1960's. Also Doug Simmons who used to be a regular on these pages back in the early days. Doug was the first local to greet us when we arrived at the only CBF national meeting to be on Micky's side yard. (International Drive).

Sure enough they had copies of the magazine available for the asking. I believe Jeff Hunt did as well or better than any reporter with whom either Trudy or I have had a phone interview.

I am glad that Chris and William found the story interesting.
JE Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:47 am

JE Pettibone wrote:I am glad that Chris and William found the story interesting.

My copy came the same day William's arrived at his house. I attempted to upload the photo & headline to the forum, but the server I use is temporarily down. Will do so as soon as I can.
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Here's the photo & headline as it appears in the Fellowship Magazine. Great quote from Ed & Trudy.

David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:41 am

Headline looks great. I look forward to getting my copy.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum