[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Elder Babb for the 2011 Baptist Covenant

Elder Babb for the 2011 Baptist Covenant

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Elder Babb for the 2011 Baptist Covenant

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat May 29, 2010 8:22 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Elder Babb for the 2011 Baptist Covenant

Postby Samuel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 am

I have read your post and am extremely confused!

The "quote" places Muslims and Christians in the same barrel - seems from someone that has not a clue what a Christian is.

Why would any Christian Baptist want a secular non-Christian as a part of a Christian event? I have no understanding of what you are saying; please explain.
Samuel

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Samuel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:55 pm

They started off slowly, the seven or more trombones (plus sousaphone and trumpet) creating a huge wave of sound, a giant chord, while Elder Babb praised the Lord and exhorted the crowd. It gave me chills. Not just because of the music, but also because here was faith, religion and spirituality that was manifesting itself as joyous, life affirming and uplifting, as opposed to militant, oppressive and death-dealing. We’re getting too much of that these days, from Muslims and Christians alike, so this was a beautiful healthy antidote, and a reminder not to throw out the spiritual baby with the bathwater — those of us who feel the nastiness of fundamentalisms cast doubt on belief of any kind.

From Elder Babb's link to seemingly non-Christian stuff as in the quote above tying Muslims and Christians together and the site showed what I though to be non-Christian groups providing music???????????????????
SF I suspose......................................... what do I know?
I appologize if I am misunderstanding.
Samuel

Postby johnfariss » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Samuel, slow down and read rather than just look for the juxaposition of words you can criticize. All that is being said here is that we hear a lot of negativity from two different sources, i.e., from some Christians as well as from some Moslems. There was nothing that implied, much less said, that they are the same or are somehow linked together. If I said, "The Chicago Cubs and the New York Yankees both have fans," it would not mean that they are the same caliber of baseball teams, or (as some might argue) that they both play the same sort of baseball. And I agree with Ed that sometime SF is a little hard to understand, but he isn't the only one about whom that can be said.

John
johnfariss

Couple points

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:47 pm

1) Elder Babb and the Bumblebees is a Trombone choir of Black Musisians maybe one Tuba who with their 11 trombones play glorious uplifting Spirituals and classic hymns Praising God and the True Religion.

2)The Quote was from David Byrne of Talking Heads, one of my heroes.

3) Ed, John Fariss and Especiallay Spamuel could learn a lot from a close maybe twice hearing of NPR Fresh Air Today on the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. In fact that reminds of an earlier thought; new thread which I think I will make with link in Public Affairs
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to New Baptist Covenant