[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Regional NBC gathering Jan. 31, 2009 in Birmingham, AL

Regional NBC gathering Jan. 31, 2009 in Birmingham, AL

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Stephen Black at Bham Covenant

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Here is a fabulous profile of Black from Dec 14 08 Anniston Star.
Black has been nominated as Man of the Year in Alabama.

I first met Black compliment of Mark of this board, and had Stephen up to speak in Collinsville, April of 06.

Should be a great breakout with Black and Wayne Flynt in Bham. I hope President Carter attends as I think it will be supremely worth his time.

http://www.annistonstar.com/opinion/200 ... 3t0355.htm
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Prophetic word to Jeff Sessions in Bham

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Stephen Fox

Jan 4, 09 feature article in Bham News on Covenant

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 pm

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/m ... xml&coll=2

News got picked up by several Bham TV stations last night.

Stephen Fox

Schedule for Jan 31 event

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm

http://www.se.newbaptistcovenant.org/in ... &Itemid=40

I hope most of the Breakout leaders as they focus on going forward will bring with them the essay by Nell Irwin Painter on the Shoah and Southern History as part of their working Conversational Knowledge.

Stephen Fox

Re: Schedule for Jan 31 event

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Regional NBC gathering Jan. 31, 2009 in Birmingham, AL

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Who among us is going to Birmingham for the Jan 31st meeting? I don't have plans to go at this time, but I'm sure some of us will be there.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 pm

I'll likely be at the event in Norman. I hope to make it out to Wake Forest but money will play a factor in that.

Too bad I have to drive to Norman. The DFW area would have been a better choice for a location. Not sure how much racial diversity can be hoped for at the Norman event.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Mark

Postby Cathy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:06 am

I will be in Norman. I know it's a distance for many Texans, but it's a quick trip from DFW. More than happy to give you and a couple of your friends a ride BDW. I think something is planned for Jimmy Carter on the OU campus as well. It may however be just a small Honor's College group meeting.

Dallas lacks the leadership to pull off a NBC meeting right now. Two of the most visibly CBF churches are pastorless and one more quietly affiliated and a bedrock of conservative politics is about to be. That church has been detached from its moderate roots for sometime anyway. BGCT execs can't plan and promote such a gathering for rather obvious reasons.
Cathy

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Mark

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Cathy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 am

Cathy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:17 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Cathy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Cathy

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:38 am

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:53 am

Mark

Photos

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 pm

http://m.tuscaloosanews.com/tln/db_1258 ... &full=true

Couple thoughts; and I plan to blog later if anybody wants to take a look at that.
Disappointed that all the photos above save one were of President Carter--one of Jim Henry's daughter Kate Campbell; at same time he deserves much better treatment than the hate and ignorance that predominated in the 45 or so comments at the bham news blog linked in the Baps Today report.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/01/_fo ... arter.html
Carter is a great fellow. Pressler and company had a lot to do with the flaws of his Presidency; in response to a windfall profits tax Carter levied.
It all came up again just last week nationally in a call I got in to the Dianne Rehm show on author Burrough's new Book The Big Rich, about Texas Oil and politics. Hope some of you will google that program of Tuesday Jan 27 up.
Congratulations to Brent McDougal and network for putting together a stellar SAturday.
Do take a good look at what Marian Wright Edelman said above, in the Bham News story. It turns out she and I have SC connections.
I think I will start another discussion in the other forum and see where it goes.

SFox

Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to New Baptist Covenant