Pastor of an SBC Church Included

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Pastor of an SBC Church Included

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:09 am

Ellis Orozco, Pastor Calvary Baptist Church McAllen Texas was one of the preachers in the Thursday afternoon session on Prophetic preaching. According to their web site "Calvary is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and the Rio Grande Valley Baptist Association." According to Trudy who was in that session, Rev Orozco also referred to himself as a Southern Baptist Pastor. She was more impressed that he said. "When I heard who had been invited to participate in these sessions on Prophetic Preaching, I prayed that I would not have to follow James Forbes. But after having just heard Gina Stewart, (Senior Pastor, Christ Missionary Baptist Church, Memphis TN) now I would rather have followed Dr. Forbes. "

I had the privilege of hearing most of Rev Stewart's sermon and I have to agree with the single note that Trudy wrote on her program beside the Ms. Stewart's name.
AWESOME !
Ed Pettibone

Return to New Baptist Covenant