Ed's Photographs of NBC

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Ed's Photographs of NBC

Postby David Flick » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:26 am

Here are some of Ed's photos of the New Baptist Covenant Cerebration in Atlanta.
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Ed's Photographs of NBC

Postby Haruo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Ed's on the NYC Missions Board? What's the C stand for?

Haruo
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Haruo wrote:Ed's on the NYC Missions Board? What's the C stand for?

Haruo

Ed: It should be NYS / Ney York State, Board of Missions. And yes Haruo, I am a member of that Board.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:01 pm

I'm a little disappointed there are no pictures of the Foxes. ...or William at the Food Court.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 am

Chris wrote:I'm a little disappointed there are no pictures of the Foxes. ...or William at the Food Court.

Ed: Sorry about that, I did not take the camera with me Wednesday evening when William was there. Never saw Prentice, was he there? Saw Stephen twice, the first
time we only had a chce to say hello due to the press of the Crowd and the second time was just prior to a worship service and I was heading to a restroom and Trudy had the Camera in another part of the auditorium.
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 am

Chris wrote:I'm a little disappointed there are no pictures of the Foxes. ...or William at the Food Court.

There are some pictures of our food court confab somewhere on this forum. I think Timothy took them.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Tims Photographs of BL.C food court meeting

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:51 pm

William Thornton wrote:

There are some pictures of our food court confab somewhere on this forum. I think Timothy took them.

Ed: But of course the Foxes where not at that "conflab" but Tim did have a good picture of you posted. I have tried to review all post in this forum and I did not find TIm's Photos.

Does any one know where they are?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Ed,
The photos by Tim are in a thread he started near the beginning of the forum called "The First Night at the NBC" or something close to that. I think this link will get you there.

Neil

http://forums.baptistlife.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5387
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Kaylor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Here are some photos I took at the Celebration: http://picasaweb.google.com/briantkaylor/Celebration
Kaylor

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Kaylor wrote:Here are some photos I took at the Celebration: http://picasaweb.google.com/briantkaylor/Celebration

Are these "photoshop" pictures? I was under the impression that Hilliary Clinton was no where near Atlanta Jan 30 - Feb 1.

Did anyone else see Sen. Clinton at the NBC?
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Kaylor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 pm

No! What are you accusing me of? :)

Read the captions. She spoke at a different meeting in the world congress building before the Celebration ever started. She was not at the Celebration.
Kaylor

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:03 am

Kaylor wrote:No! What are you accusing me of? :)

Read the captions. She spoke at a different meeting in the world congress building before the Celebration ever started. She was not at the Celebration.

ED: Great pictures Kaylor. But why did you feel such a need to show the politicians so much more than the Preachers?
And Chris if you will note Kaylor's photos are clearly labeled as having been processed by Picasa.

Actually there was some overlap of the Combined National Baptist groups and the NBC Celebration. THe NAtional Baptist where registering for their meeting through Thursday. On her way to an usher orientation on Wednesday around Four Thirty, Trudy did pass a window on one level of building A where she could look down into a large Auditorium where a large group was meeting but she could not see the speaker. Several people where late for the ushers meeting and said that they had just heard Hilliary at the combined National Baptist gathering.

All of our meetings where in Building B except for the Prophetic Preaching sessions which where held in the Sidney Marcus Auditorium in Building A.
Each of the three Wold Congress center buildings has more sq. ft. of space than does the Georgia Dome which is across the street. Building C which we did not use is a bit smaller than A & B.

In In each building Level four is at Ground level, Only building B has a level five.
Most of the meeting Rooms and exhibit areas are below ground. Building A. has no structural level two, as Level one is two stories high. What is above that, is level three so that levels three and four match buildings B & C. Level four is the only leevel where all three buildings are connected.
Ed Pettibone

Re: See Kaylor's Photos also in this thread

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:27 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Kaylor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Ed: The photos I was able to take depended on my newsrooms assignments. I was writing articles during a lot of the other times and so did not always get to run down to take photos.
Kaylor

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Kaylor wrote:Ed: The photos I was able to take depended on my newsrooms assignments. I was writing articles during a lot of the other times and so did not always get to run down to take photos...

I thought you and the other photographers did a great job, Kaylor. The "Refreshments" sign flashing around Hillary's head was funny.
Mark

Re: Photographs of the NBC

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 pm

With 80 different press persons/groups there, they were given assignments in order to cover all the events, and shared what they covered with others. Don't know exactly how that works. They also shared their photos. I'll bet there were over 10,000 pics taken by the press alone, plus all the individual ones taken by attendees. Of course, if some of them are like mine, the delete button is still your best friend. :)

Neil

All those cameras and I think I was only photographed once, by the intrepid T. Bonney.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Return to New Baptist Covenant