[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - My Follow up proposal.

My Follow up proposal.

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

My Follow up proposal.

Postby Rock » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Here is my suggestion for a project to follow up on what we experienced in Atlanta. What do you think?

The Immanuel Project:
A modest proposal for keeping covenant with Gaza Baptist Church.

The Immanuel Project would seek to be the presence of Christ with the members of Gaza Baptist Church. This would be accomplished by doing something that Baptist in the south should be quite familiar with, namely packing a pew. Teams of eight to ten Baptist consisting of members from any of the Baptists groups in North America would go to Gaza for two weeks at a time. Twenty-six teams would mean that Baptists in North America would be with our brothers and sisters in Gaza for a whole year.

Rationale: In Christ, God was with us. God did not offer salvation to us from afar. Rather, God took on flesh and dwelt among us. God became God with us. While few of us have the knowledge or experience to offer solutions to problems that face the church in Gaza, many of us have found comfort during times of trial knowing that God is an Immanuel God. This project would seek to be a visible reminder for the members of Gaza Baptist church that God is with them.

What would team members do?

1. The primary task would be simply to be there.
2. Worship with church.
3. Maintain a constant prayer vigil at the church building.
4. Assist in any other way that might seem practical.

This may seem like an extreme idea for follow up to New Baptist Covenant meeting, but I do not think that it is. At the Celebration, I experienced the power and the presence of God in ways that I did not know were possible. To think that such a meeting could actually happen required not only faith and vision on the part of the conveners, but a certain amount of audacity as well. The Spirit of the Lord was indeed upon us in Atlanta. Our response should be no less faithful or bold.
Rock

Re: My Follow up proposal.

Postby Haruo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:27 am

Right on.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Rock is fulfilling the Spirit of the Covenant

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:34 pm

I started to make a new thread and I may yet; but all of you will want to see the feature on Rock, Ed Sunday Winters, and his Knoxville Ball Camp BC mission work in McCreary Co Kentucky.
We should all be proud of him and all of you will want to read this fine article.

sfox

In the FEB issue of Baps Today
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Rock is fulfilling the Spirit of the Covenant

Postby Rock » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Rock

Return to New Baptist Covenant