[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - What Special Interest Sessions Will You Attend?

What Special Interest Sessions Will You Attend?

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

What Special Interest Sessions Will You Attend?

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 am

Which are you kind folks going to?

James Dunn is always on my list. But beyond Dunn and the BJC, I can't make up my mind. I expect I'll go to one of the Peacemaking sessions.

Should I go hear Gushee or Stassen? Tough choice.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

No brainer

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 am

It is Gushee, the difference between Hillary and OBama.
As great a man as he is, Stassen is the status quo breakout

Gushee is the Transformative Change
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Graham

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Friday morning on Immigration Reform, the Challenge

Anyone interested in that topic I hope will come with a conversational knowledge of the Ryan Lizza New Yorker story on Graham and same from November.

Stephen Fox

Re: Graham

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Ed Pettibone

Re: What Special Interest Sessions Will You Attend?

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Mark

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 am

Mark,

Me and the slender BDW Sr. have plans to see Forbes. If you see a 24 year old wearing a sweater with a Baptists Today Media Pass, make sure to holla!
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am

I went to a healthcare and a public policy session.

I have seen Fox who asked a question in the session. Saw Bruce and Ed I think. Wasn't sure it was Ed so I didn't go over and speak.

I saw Ben Cole and spoke to him.
Cathy

Ben Cole

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Cathy:

I wish you woulda let me know Ben Cole was on the premises; I woulda loved to have spoken to him.
In which breakout did I speak. I guess it was the one with Soaries of NJ and Suzi Paynter.
Found out later Holly Hollyman of the BJC; Holly's mother heard Soaries in the first session Thursday afternoon and was blown away. I was impressed as well.
Was Ben Cole in that session?
Maybe Prescott will follow up for us.

Good to see you there.

Sfox

Stephen Fox

Return to New Baptist Covenant