[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Shedding Light on Mencken and Mississippi

Shedding Light on Mencken and Mississippi

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Shedding Light on Mencken and Mississippi

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

And Mitt and Alabama

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm

I have been active on the public facebook wall of the Tuscaloosa News this morning where I have shared this link for Bama Coach Nick Saban and his wife; and proud Bama grad, Joe Scarborough of Morning Joe

http://tinyurl.com/8rs6vyg

Stephen Fox

Re: And Mitt and Alabama

Postby TrudyU » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:52 pm

TrudyU

Grace and Bear Bryanti

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Ed: I had a good conversations with John Killian Saturday, the Tenn Temple grad, chaplain to the Bama GOP, and fundamentalist president of the Bama SBC.

He is my friend. He is wrong on Immigration and a host of other political topics, but he tells me he has a picture of Martin Luther King and Robert E Lee up in his office.

I can not get him to read Misunderstanding the Civil War in The Atlantic.com

As you know it is much easier to preach Cracker in the American Baptist Convention than the SBC. I take it you have read Will Campbell's Brother to a Dragonfly and the sermons of Fleming Rutledge on the Matter.

My oped on Wallace in the School house Door and the Collinsville Historical Association should be out soon. I will link it for you here at a proper time.

In the meantime your sermons on Race and Mississippi will have considerable more substance if informed by Paul Harvey's great work Moses Jesus and the Trickster. It comes with the endorsement of Mercer President Underwood.

Let me know when you read it. Sfox

Oh, forgot the Bear. Will pick him up next time.

Stephen Fox

Re: Grace and Bear Bryanti

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to New Baptist Covenant