Denominational leader Jimmy Allen dies

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Denominational leader Jimmy Allen dies

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

Jimmy Allen, visionary denominational leader, dies
Jimmy R. Allen, the last moderate president of the Southern Baptist Convention and executive director emeritus of the New Baptist Covenant, died early Jan. 8 at Southeast Georgia Health System in Brunswick, Georgia.

His pastor, Tony Lankford of First Baptist Church of St. Simons Island, said the 91-year-old had been in failing health. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Rvaughn

Re: Denominational leader Jimmy Allen dies

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Rvaughn wrote:Jimmy Allen, visionary denominational leader, dies
Jimmy R. Allen, the last moderate president of the Southern Baptist Convention and executive director emeritus of the New Baptist Covenant, died early Jan. 8 at Southeast Georgia Health System in Brunswick, Georgia.

His pastor, Tony Lankford of First Baptist Church of St. Simons Island, said the 91-year-old had been in failing health. Funeral arrangements are pending.

Ed: I regret anew that Trudy and I where unable to to accept his 2016 invitation to visit the next time we passed St. Simon's on I-97, due to the hurricane that struck the area last year the week before we arrived.
JE Pettibone

Return to New Baptist Covenant