[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - HELLO FROM TEXAS

HELLO FROM TEXAS

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

HELLO FROM TEXAS

Postby Kathy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:02 pm

Is there anyone else who believe that we are living in the end times? I have been reading prophecy books by Hal Lindsey. They are fascinating!

:angel:
Kathy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:31 pm

Dear Study---------,

You may want to stufy the forum rules. Up there under the header for the forum where underlined it says to click to view the froum rules.

Please pay particular attention to rule #4 where it says participants on this board are required to provide their name.

Ed Pettibone aka jep

Moderator, Baptist Faith and Prctice forum

Personaly, I believe H. Lindsey has done a lot of clever speculating primarily to sell books.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Kathy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:30 am

Kathy

Postby David Flick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:33 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Left Behind Books

Postby Kathy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:26 pm

Kathy

Re: Left Behind Books

Postby David Flick » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:48 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Left Behind Books

Postby Kathy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:20 am

Kathy

Re: Left Behind Books

Postby David Flick » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:17 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Hal Eaton » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:20 pm

Hal Eaton

Postby Haruo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:24 pm

There's a very funny sendup of the Left Behind series (thankfully, much shorter than any of the originals) called "". I enjoyed it.

Haruo
Haruo
Site Admin

Left Behind...Good or Bad?

Postby stellakeeffe » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:45 am

Okay...I have to put this idea in here. Please understand that I am someone who was raised to believe the "premillenial dispensationalist" viewpoint of the "Left Behind" series, but my viewpoint now is..."who knows?!" So, during college, I was doing a production of "Godspell" and was thinking on the passage about the days of Noah (Matthew 24:37-41) -- "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left."

Do you notice something? The evil people of Noah's day were all taken away. Of the 2 men in the field, one will be taken and the other left...Both times it says "taken". Wouldn't it be ironic if it's a good thing to be left behind?! To me, this is a perfect example of the fact that we may have it totally wrong. We can't know exactly what will happen. My religion professors used to always smile when I asked this. :)[/i]
"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, love." -- Phillip Melanchthon
stellakeeffe

Postby stellakeeffe » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:46 am

BTW, I must say that I own and have read every book in the "Left Behind" series -- not because I totally agree with them -- but because I like the side stories.
"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, love." -- Phillip Melanchthon
stellakeeffe

Left it behind

Postby Danny Chisholm » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 pm

This was quite a phenomenon, based on dispensational theology. Quite a good bit of fiction.

The end times began with the coming of Christ. We have been in the "latter days" for a while.
Danny Chisholm

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:41 am

I lost interest in any works by Tim LaHaye after reading a book he authored (I can't remember the title now) where he wrote about a huge volcanic explosion from a mountain called "Krakatolla" (I have always seen it spelled Krakatoa) and had it located in the wrong ocean. Call me a snob, but if he couldn't research better than that, I couldn't take him very seriously. 8)
Mrs Haruo

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:23 am

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: HELLO FROM TEXAS

Postby T. D. Webb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:03 am

T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Postby pjerwin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:40 am

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Who wrote the alternative review, PJ? His (or her) agenda does seem to be at loggerheads with Dr. Flesher's.

What can you tell us about the book s/he recommends?

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby pjerwin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:14 pm

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby pjerwin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)