[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I'm back from my intergalactic vacation trip

I'm back from my intergalactic vacation trip

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

I'm back from my intergalactic vacation trip

Postby Amy M » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:28 am

:D I used to frequent this board quite a bit back in the late 90's. I sort of needed a break for a while, since I was in the final stages of disillusionment with the SBC. I've been attending a moderate Presbyterian church since 2000 but still have Baptist friends/family, and still like to keep up to some degree with Baptist news. The official SBC website and literature make me nauseated for the most part. I do like the Associated Baptist Press and the Baptist Center for Ethics. Now and then, I perused the Baptist Life forum. It's interesting how the same people have been so active with this on a consistent basis over the years.
I've sort of learned the hard way not to disclose too much about my personal life/demographics/location over the Net, so I don't feel comfortable getting into specifics about myself.

I just tried to register on the ABP site as a new user, to post a comment about an article. I got turned down by the site since apparently they list my email as spam. (I don't think I've ever spammed in my life, to my knowledge) It's nice to be allowed to speak here :)
Amy M

Re: I'm back from my intergalactic vacation trip

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

Saw where you took notice of the Calvin link

Good to have you back from space travels.

You are a little coy with the info

Roughly what region of the country are you now; and what region raised? Two questions in one

And age bracket

20's

30's

40's

or more
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Great to see you here, Amy! Not sure what to make of the ABP thing; that's not a fundie outfit, so I'm sure they wouldn't blackball you just for an MDiv. ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:57 pm

TrudyU

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Welcome back! Look forward to your participation. Feel free to chime in on existing threads or start new ones.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)