[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hello from Africa

Hello from Africa

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hello from Africa

Postby David Mwangi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Greetings from Africa, I joined this forum to have some deeper discussion with like-minded people. I am currently working in Africa building a school, the group I work for is inter-denominational (as opposed to non-denominational, we believe that denominational ties can be good, but that we can still work together) and there are not many baptists. However most of the people I work with here are young believers so I can't really get into the "meat" as they are still working on "milk". I miss the "meat". Not many colleagues from abroad here, and they have their own work to do here as well.
Anyhow, I really liked that the first person to contact me from this site knows some Kiswahili, good sign. I'm not certain how much I can add to discussions, may be just reading and enjoying for a while.
As they say here "Mungu akubariki" (God bless)
David Mwangi

Re: Hello from Africa

Postby Cathy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 am

Welcome, David. Our conversations are often about denominational issues and US political issues, but there are certainly a fair number of meaty subjects. Elisabeth a college student lifts the conversation a bit at times. I hope you'll enjoy your visits on BL.com.
Cathy

Postby David Mwangi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:23 am

Well as a former Southern Baptist youth pastor who is an American at heart (lived in MO. for 7 years, OK. for 2) that sounds like something I can sink my teeth into. I'm also looking for a place to unwind after a long day trying to keep up with changing governemntal policy :brick: . Maybe some of my experiences would make you appreciate the US government a little more, I know I have learned to appreciate a government where expressions like "come meet me at 1:00" means just that.
David Mwangi

Postby JaneFordA » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:52 pm

(\~~/)
(= '.' =)
JaneFordA

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Welcome! I look forward to hearing more about life in Africa.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am

We are certainly glad to have you and look forward to your contributions.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

Glad to have you, David M. I'm already enjoying your contributions to the forum.
Mark

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)