[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Greetings from Birch Tree

Greetings from Birch Tree

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Greetings from Birch Tree

Postby abdavis » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 am

Hello! I'm Aaron Davis and I pastor the First Baptist Church of Birch Tree, Missouri. I recently grew tired of the almost venomous discussion on another Baptist forum so I withdrew and found this site. I love an exchange of ideas and the occasional debate, but not at the expense of fellowship.

FBC Birch Tree is a conservative SBC church in rural, south-central Missouri. I was born and raised in Missouri, received a BA from the University of Missouri (GO MIZZOU!!!) and an MDIV from NOBTS. I served in churches in Arkansas before making it back to Missouri.
abdavis

Re: Greetings from Birch Tree

Postby JaneFordA » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:56 am

(\~~/)
(= '.' =)
JaneFordA

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:57 am

Welcome, Aaron. It's good to have you here.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Aaron,

Be forewarned that one of our more active members, whose handle is "Big Daddy Weaver", is also named Aaron, so if you see somebody writing "Aaron, you need to think diametrically opposite yourself on this" or something, don't assume they're talking to you. You can be Birch Tree Aaron, as he is BDW or BDiddy, when distinguishing the two of you is needful.

I'm a liberal ABC type from Seattle, and may have been disfellowshipped by the very board whose vitriol sent you over here (if its initials are BB.com). I was through Missouri at least once as a kid, westbound I think, and my only clear memory is of a rather tenementy-looking apartment block parking lot in either St Louis or KC. My recollection of the immediately following KS Turnpike is much clearer, as kids' memories will be. I'm hoping to be in St Louis for two or three days over Memorial Day weekend this year, to attend the annual convention of the Esperanto League. Still not sure if I'll be able to afford the trip, but I'm hoping to, especially as this will be my first year as a member of the league's Board, having been elected in absentia at last year's convention in Montreal.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Welcome to the BL family, Aaron. We are diverse, we sometimes disagree, and we can even be a bit disagreeable now and then, but we like it here and are glad to have you. If you've been lurking here before you joined, you know what I mean. Jump in when the Spirit moves you!

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Welcome, Aaron. Look forward to your participation here. Feel free to start new threads or jump in on any existing ones.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Welcome to the Baptist Life family--we are definitely one. We often disagree on some points of theology, politics, and whether to say we made sense of someone else's posts or not. The real soul of this board emerges when you see a prayer request posted and almost everyone rallies around to say they will be praying. People here will even buy you a cup at Starbucks if you turn up at the same meeting with them. I pastor a CBF church in the Southside of VA. Welcome aboard.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:44 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)