Hi

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hi

Postby ALin » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:36 pm

I am around a little bit every now and then. Like today when I see way too many men commenting on women pastors. I just have to add my two cents in that arena.

I am still baptist because I believe in baptist freedoms. I can't give that up because it makes sense to me.

I just started a unit of Clinical Pastoral Education, and it is going to help me when I am called to the pastorate. And it will probably be one of the most challenging things I have done.

A.Lin
I love to tell the story.
ALin

Re: Hi

Postby JaneFordA » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 pm

ALin wrote:I am around a little bit every now and then. Like today when I see way too many men commenting on women pastors. I just have to add my two cents in that arena.

I am still baptist because I believe in baptist freedoms. I can't give that up because it makes sense to me.

I just started a unit of Clinical Pastoral Education, and it is going to help me when I am called to the pastorate. And it will probably be one of the most challenging things I have done.

A.Lin

Yippee! :D I hope things aren't so fast-paced that ya can't drop in for updates! Should some of us poll the moderators for a special section, something like an "Updates From the Registered-But-Rushed?" You all can give us the latest and the rest of us won't "lose" your info because it slips away on those VERY busy days!

Whatch'all say, mods? :)
(\~~/)
(= '.' =)
JaneFordA

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:06 am

Yeah, it is really good to see you post now and then, and heartening to hear you're still baptist, like it or not, and still anticipating a pastoral call.

I really appreciated your post about hymnals, both the music-education angle and the idea that churches might buy enough for those to who they are a welcome aid to worship. Flying in the face of the principle of Paul re gifts and parts of the body, most churches seem determined to fit everybody into one or at most two straitjackets.

Haruo
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:34 pm

ALin wrote:I am around a little bit every now and then. Like today when I see way too many men commenting on women pastors. I just have to add my two cents in that arena.

A.Lin

I commend you for taking CPE, and I still believe there will be openings for you to serve as pastor of a church. God doesn't press the call on those he doesn't intend to use. I wish you the best in CPE.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 am

Dave Roberts wrote:God doesn't press the call on those he doesn't intend to use.

Amen! Golden spur nomination!

Welcome back, A. Lin! If I were still in the pastorate and you were close by, you'd have some invitations to preach.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby David Flick » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:58 am

Dave Roberts wrote:God doesn't press the call on those he doesn't intend to use.

Lamar Wadsworth wrote:Amen! Golden spur nomination!

I agree, Lamar. Great quote, Dave.
. . . . . . .Image

Lamar Wadsworth wrote:Welcome back, A. Lin! If I were still in the pastorate and you were close by, you'd have some invitations to preach.

To Amy: And if you were closer to Oklahoma, you definitly would be on my list to invite to preach at my church.
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum (For Visitors and New Users)