[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - An Apology and Reintroduction from Grace

An Apology and Reintroduction from Grace

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

An Apology and Reintroduction from Grace

Postby ~Grace~ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey Everyone,

My dear friend Elisabeth told me that she stepped back on here, so I thought I would pop my head in here a moment and say a few things.

I am not sure if any of you remember me or not...quite possibly, you may be trying to forget me. :wink: I joined these forums 2 years ago thinking that I knew everything about Christianity, practical theology, politics, basically the entirety of the world. This was evidenced by a rather large and exhausted thread regarding my decision to attend Bob Jones University.

Although I am still far from complete knowledge :D, I have grown up a fair share in the last few years. Because of God's wonderful mercy, I will NOT!!! be attending BJU this fall. In just about 2 weeks, I will be attending school at a much more moderate, unlegalistic, Christ centered Baptist Bible college. I am quite excited for this new step in my life.

As some of you may remember, I come from a very Fundemental Baptist Church. I am currently in the midst of the long, horrible process of leaving this church. This is not a decision that I made lightly or without much, much prayer. However, upon having my eyes truly opened to the way that my church twists Scripture...and even more so, to the spiritual abuse of the leadership, August 10 will be the last Sunday that I ever step foot in that church, PRAISE GOD!

I have thought of you all often, especially in the last year as I have made these changes in my life. I think back to the kind of person that I was when I joined these boards....and that is exactly the kind of person that make me quite literally hit my head against a wall!

And so for that, I offer my deepest and most humble apology. For those of you who were gracious and patient with me, I thank you so much. And for those who were more assertive with your opinions, I now understand how frustrating of a person I was! No hard feelings I hope!!

I will probably not have the opportunity to be around too much longer because of my impending heavy class schedule. But, for what it is worth, I will try to share my much more Biblically based opinion as I am able to do so. :wink:

God bless you all!

In Him,
Grace
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller
~Grace~

Re: An Apology and Reintroduction from Grace

Postby Joshua Villines » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Grace,

It's not who you are, it's who you are becoming that matters. Good for you on your introspection and on your willingness to make positive changes in your life!

For years, people in the progressive community who grew up in the kinds of churches you describe have used the term "spiritual violence" to describe the experience. I don't think it's an exaggeration.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the update.

Joshua
"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Grace: Welcome back, and please check in once in awhile!! I remember you, and I hope to hear of your exciting journey. Keep us posted, please. As a "Moldy Oldie", I enjoy a breath of fresh air like you. I'm a bit outnumbered by all the men on this site. We "wimmin'' need to stick together :lol: It's hard to leave a church when you have ties there, but it takes more courage to step out in faith and know that you are NOT in a right place, than to blandly go along with a crowd that is going in a direction you know is not right for you. :wave: Please keep us informed! Send me a private message if you want- I'm nowhere near as grumpy as my avatar-- I just like to keep a low profile :D
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby ~Grace~ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:23 pm

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller
~Grace~

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 am

Hi Grace,

If you're in the Seattle area we'd welcome you as a visitor to Fremont Baptist. Glad you've gotten over BJU. ;-)

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

Grace,

Welcome back. We look forward to hearing more from you as time goes on. May God continue to guide your journey.

Dave
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)