[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hello from Texas

Postby Alexis Cooper » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi! I'm Alexis, currently I live in Austin, where I've been working on the Texas Baptist Young Professional Network for the BGCT Christian Life Commission- feel free to check out and contribute to our blog http://youngbaptists.wordpress.com ). A significant part of that job has been trying to attract young people to the Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant (young LAY people particularly). I have my BA from Baylor, and an M.S. in Community & Regional Planning at UT Austin. So while I love working at the CLC, my next job will be in planning/economic or community development/ hopefully!

Right now I attend First Baptist Church Austin, but during college I attended Calvary Baptist in Waco under Julie P-R! And on a completely separate note, I am very happily dating the one and only Big Daddy Weave.

I grew up Southern Baptist, now am a CBFer. Also a member of Christians for Biblical Equality. I put great faith in lay leadership in churches. And I'll be at the Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant in January! Anything else you want to know, just ask! :D
Last edited by Alexis Cooper on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis Cooper

Re: Hello from Texas

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:06 pm

Welcome, Alexis!

Since you have BDW to counsel you, I will skip my usual list of warnings to the newbies. I'm a 53-year-old married ABC layman in Seattle, not planning on going to Atlanta anytime soon, so I probably can't help you much on that score either. Oh well.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Texas

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:22 am

Hi, Alexis--
Welcome! I look forward to your participation here. Feel free to start new discussion threads or jump in on any of the existing ones. I'm planning to go to the Atlanta "clambake" (as one of our more conservative regulars calls it :lol: ), hope I get to meet you and BDW!
--Lamar
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)