[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Howdy, all

Howdy, all

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Howdy, all

Postby Gary » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:43 pm

The name here is Gary. Been doing music in full/part-time/interim/supply/and bi-vo for 30+years now. Mostly in Oklahoma, but spent a year and a half in Arizona. Last I actually counted I'd been in over a hundred pulpits.

Been next-town neighbor to David Flick for a while. Still like him!(Hi, David)

Currently, tent-making volunteer at Alameda Baptist in Norman, OK. It is highly un-likely that any of my Deacons know anything about the BaptistLife message boards, but I'm certain that my Pastor does. If I say anything here that would embarrass the Kingdom, my church, or my Pastor, I'll hear about it.

I'll try to not bring up the *music wars*. We have more than enough to say Grace over on the theology side.

Gary Skaggs (who currently has no church-related blog, but might...)
Gary

Re: Howdy, all

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm

Gary--
Welcome, and I look forward to your participation. Have you met my good friend Max Lyall who is now spending his retirement years in Oklahoma City, involved with the music ministry at First Baptist Oklahoma City? If not, look him up and give him my regards. Awesome musician and among my favorite people on the whole planet.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby David Flick » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:33 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Gary » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 am

Lamar,

Thanks for the welcome. I sing with the Singing Churchmen of Oklahoma. One of the wonderful blessings of being in that group is that when Baptist musicians retire and move back to Oklahoma, they join the Singing Churchmen.

I have known Max from a distance for a long time. He is very good friends to one of my mentors and teachers as I grew up. I wish I could play like Max, but alas, everything I play tends to come out sounding like Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross!

David,

It was indeed Elmore. I believe that it was in 1979. Exciting times then. I have always said that I thought that the Lord was teaching me how to deal with two sides of an irreconcilable issue when I was down there. I haven't changed my story and I think He was.

We've got to find a time and place to sit down over coffee. I'll try not to be too much of a pest here. But I expect I will, a little bit.

Big weekend. Doing our "power-outage-delayed Christmas Program" Sunday. Choir nailed it at rehearsal Wednesday. God is good. All the time.

Looking forward to the discussions.

Gary
Gary

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Last edited by Ed Edwards on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby Gary » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Gary

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Thank you Gary.

Don't our Worship Leader clean up good!
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)