[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - New Member

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Postby Deb T » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Hello All,

My name is Deborah although many just call me Deb. I am new to this forum and in truth only recently saved. I came to the Lord and to the Southern Baptist Faith through the people of Enterprise, Alabama, a tornado that ravaged their town, and through the grace of God.

I am full of wonder at the changes in my life since finding the Baptist Faith. I have many questions to ask and answers to find. It is my hope to learn from the wisdom of others of this forum and to hopefully contribute in return.

I ask please for patience from you as I take my journey to and through the life the Lord has given me.

Thank you all for allowing me the chance to introduce myself to you.

Deb
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Deb T

Location: Huntingdon, Quebec, Canada, 25 mins to Chateauguay, NY/Enterprise, Alabama

Re: New Member

Postby Prentice Fox » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:19 pm

Welcome Deb, to the baptist forum. I had some friends there in Enterprise who were stationed in Fort Rucker. They were George and Cathy O'Boyle. Did you know them? They have since moved up to North Alabama. George was an Apache Helicopter pilot and a great Christian man.. DO YOU LIVE IN Enterprise, or were you just helping in the relief efforts? UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:30 pm

Welcome, Deb! Bienvenue, in case you're from that part of PQ. You'll find a lot of diversity of opinion here about the "Southern Baptist faith", both Southern Baptists who disagree on what exactly it is (BFMY2K notwithstanding) and people (SB and other) who disagree on whether the Southern Baptist faith is any improvement over the Christian faith. ;-) I hope we'll be not only patient but unwontedly gentle with you.

Haruo
Left-wing Northern Baptist
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:16 pm

First off, count me among those who celebrate your new-found faith in Jesus! I remember something my friend Molly Marshall (classmate of mine at Southern Seminary, now president of Central Baptist Seminary in Kansas City)said: "Before you trusted Jesus, you trusted the people who told you about Jesus." The Baptist folks in Enterprise may not be perfect, but they obviously did some things right--they earned your trust and presented a positive Christian witness. The Holy Spirit honored that and brought you to trust the Lord to whom they bore witness.

Second--welcome to BL.com. I look forward to your participation. Feel free to start new topics or jump in on any existing threads.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Ed: Hi Deb T.. I have used your initial because we also have a Deb who is in Texas, and frequents these boards often. We are Glad to have you.

I see that you list both Enterprise Alabama and Quebec , Canada as home.
May I assume you are speaking of to the City of Quebec and not the huge Province, just to the north of where we are. My wife pastors two small Churches in the Adirondacks, about 90 miles south of Montreal. (Exit 23 on the North way.)

I was Southern southern Baptist for 42 years but joined the American Baptist Churches USA (ABC-USA) when we relocated to Cincinnati, Ohio 10 years ago. That was five years before we came to Up State NY., in 2002. We still have a number of friends and even some family who are in Southern Baptist churches. I look forward to your participation here at Baptistlife.com
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:43 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:05 am

Hello DebT.

We have another Deb who also lives in Alabama. She occasionally posts messages here on BL.Com and is a faithful reader.

I join the previous members in welcoming you to BaptistLife.Com. I believe you will enjoy our forums. I can assure you that patience will be granted. So jump in with the questions and I'm certain answers will be forthcoming.

The BaptistLife family is very diverse. Some of us, including myself, are quite opinionated. But that's just us being "Baptist." Where two or three Baptists are gathered, there may be five or six different opinions. :wink: We allow for disagreements on all theological, ecclesiological, ethical, political, and ecological issues. We often heated debates about all of these issues as well as many other issues..

Thanks for posting an avatar. It's nice to see what our members look like. As one of the BL.Com moderators, I wish more of our members would post avatars. I think they make posts much more personal...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:27 am

I remember Huntingdon, Quebec as a beautiful town. I was part of a team from our association in Gordon County GA that helped with construction of a church at Malone NY in 1980 (the pastor at Malone was from Gordon County). The host family that I stayed with took me to an excellent French restaurant in Huntingdon, which is a short drive from Malone. My daughters were 3,4, and 6 at the time. We had just adopted them that summer, adoption finalized on 7/14/80 (my adopted sister's birthday!). There was a wonderful little shop in Huntingdon that sold locally made crafts. I bought each of the girls a stuffed animal that was handcrafted by somebody in the area. My daughters are now 30, 31, and 33. All three of them still have the stuffed animals I bought them in Huntingdon.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:42 am

Deb, (I love that name, my daughter-in-law is Deb Fox) Could you share with us a little of your story of how you came to faith in Jesus there in Enterprise, and in the havoc of the storm? I rejoice with all the forum members of your New Life in Christ. Uncle Prentice.
Prentice Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)