[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - THE MYSTERIOUS UNCLE PRENTICE SAYS, 'GUTEN TAG"

THE MYSTERIOUS UNCLE PRENTICE SAYS, 'GUTEN TAG"

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

THE MYSTERIOUS UNCLE PRENTICE SAYS, 'GUTEN TAG"

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:23 pm

YES, I AM THE MYSTERIOUS UNCLE PRENTICE, that fox (steve) has quoted so often.. For several years now, fox has pleaded and cajoled with me to come on board, calling me such dysphemisms as "lurker" and "non-stream baptist". (but stagnant, I am not.) I come into the station here as a pro-moderate moderate. To paraphrase Frank Page, I am a happy Christian, but "I am not mad about it." Now that I, earlier this month, have finally been dragged by fox to post on this board; he is trying to kick me out. As I earlier related to Flick; "fox" and I are usually on opposite ends of the field. That's why we have ball games!!! I AM A RETIRED ALMOST EVERYTHING: newspaper carrier, drug store clerk, shoe salesman, tobacco field measurer, soccer game transporter, competitive tennis and badminton player, preacher, military chaplain, adjunct college professor, kitchen assistant to my wife, (she never signed the BFM 2000.) Currently I am a Sunday School Teacher at my home church; and a sometimes pulpit supply at small country churches in Robeson and Cumberland County here in the Tar Heel State. I am glad to be "amongst" you. Please don't be too hard on me; I'm coming up on my 75th year in less than a month. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Last edited by Prentice Fox on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prentice Fox

Re: THE MYSTERIOUS UNCLE PRENTICE SAYS, 'GUTEN TAG"

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:16 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Thank you, Haruo fur die "Velkomen hier." I do appreciate being in the the fold.. You'll have to excuse me, but I had to laugh loud when you mispselled your Zodiac sign, "aras". I am glad you didn't put another "s" in it, or we would have both been kicked off. While we are on the German a little bit, I must tell you that my local German baker always tells his "patrons" as they leave, "Gehe mit Gott" which of course means "go with God"; BUT what he doesn't tell them is the unspoken part of that farewell is "Aber Geht." which means + "but just go"). of course he is using here the imperitive of "gehen" to go. so long for now. As Martin Luther said, "Hier stehe Ich. Ich kann nicht Anders." (Luther had some gastro-intestinal problems) UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Welcome, Uncle Prentice--I counted Brer Fox's father Billy as a good friend and one of the finest ministers of the gospel I ever knew. You mentioned Robeson County NC--got some ancestral connections there, Turners and Barrentines.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:04 pm

Lamar, you are 100% right about my brother Billy. His message was authentic, and his compassion was genuine. Billy and I both (as I shared in the eulogy I gave at his memorial service) have a tendency to tears; but we were not ashamed for more often than not they were tears of Joy. Billy's tears were not like those of some televangelists who are able to instantaneously cry on cue; Billy's tears were from his heart for all mankind. I also shared at the service that when Billy was pastor in Gaffney, SC, some deacons came to the house one day and asked, "Preacher, what about all those black boys down on the church basketball court? What are we gonna do? " Billy replied, "Let the children play where they want to." Billy bore malice toward no man. He passed from this life into Glory on 2 August 1999. The family had his funeral at First Baptist Church of Collinsville, AL. His wife, Louise, was baptized in that church. The church was completely full. People drove down from TN and over from GA, SC and NC He was loved by all who knew him; and he set a paradigm for us all to follow. But Billy did snore. I'll tell you about that later. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Winston

Postby fox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm

I thought that was way too much about me in your introduction here.
But I did like what you and Lamar said about my Dad, Billy.
I excerpted it for my latest blog you can click on below where it says Fox Blog
We do go back a ways, don't we.
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm

I do appreciate your posting my tribute here to your Dad on your blog in Alabama, Stephen. I read my words and Lamar's words when I visited your "fox of bama" blog earlier today. I hope it gets a lot of "hits", and you begin a turn around and get some responsive posts to your blog. As you said in another post, right now it is batting Zero, like Cartledge's blog; but I see that John Killian has 24 posts on his latest entry. John is doing great, and I wish him well. If I come home to Georgia this fall to ROME, I hope you and John and I can meet at your favorite cafe in Cave Springs, and break bread together. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Winston

Postby fox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 pm

Unless you can mollify some of the caustic words you have posted about me your first ten days here at bl.com per our phone agreement last night as a beginning I don't know if Cave Spring is in order.
I would love to see Neil, if you will allow and encourage him to meet with me. Then maybe I will have a chance to meet you later this year in Lancaster or Cheraw or some neutral site around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
John Killian is a good fellow. Would be great to sit down with him and Lamar Wadsworth who is just outside Rockmart, but fear of family histrionics is just too much; you know with my in your view certifiable narcissistic compulsive disorder and what not.
Who knows, it may flare up anytime, as it did once before when you whelped me with a tennis ball when my back was turned.
I think even Tony Cartledge woulda walked off the court that day, and William Thornton woulda walked with him
Thanks for checking my Blog

Stephen with a PH

I do hope you will get a personal copy of Lamar Wadsworth book. Would be a great event for him to do a booksigning for the Seniors and All at Dykes Creek. There on that Sacred Ground, for such an event, I may risk being in the same room with you.
Just click on his name to your left here for info on his novel. In user sites
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Lamar

Postby fox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:42 am

I don't know if you will be coming back to this thread anytime soon to pursue the UP Bio, but if you do wanted you to be aware of the Wayne Caldwell Novel Cataloochee which covers the period of WD Fox's life about 50 miles from his Raisin in the WNC Mountains.
Novel is about the coming of Smoky Mtn National Park.
I think you will particularly enjoy the pages around 250 and the church service By the Rivers of Babylon
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Re: Winston

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Here is a link

Postby fox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:54 pm

From what I know of Susie Reeder, UP's Senior Director there at Snyder; I have no reason to doubt she may embrace your work.
UP has much more pull in church settings these days than I do though I am still working opportunities in Other states.
Here is a direct link for UP.
Here is hoping it takes Hold in the flatlands of North Carolina, on a direct route from The Kingston Highway.
Lamar, No kiddin about Caldwell's new book. Tell Taylor B's Brother about it, and please, please hook me up with him if you can about the concern of some of my earlier missives this year. All this recent stuff about Billy Gee is at the heart of the wider ambience of my effort.

Here's for a book signing at snydermbc.org

http://clark.the-rileys.net/spirit/
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Prentice Fox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Regarding booksignings, etc. We have some resident authors in our membership at Snyder Church. Both of our former pastors; David Crocker and Mark Olson are authors. Our beloved Pastor Emeritus Dr. Jim Cammack has authored several books. Dr. Swan Haworth an author, who taught at Louisville Seminary for several years was a member of Snyder. His wife, now 100+ years of age is a member of a class that I teach in her assisted living residence Hall on Saturday afternoons.. The only book signing I ever engineered was for my friend Dr. Jim Johnson. Jim was an army Chaplain in Vietnam and has written a powerful book called, "Combat Chaplain." It is published by University of North Texas Press in Denton, Texas. I coordinated with the manager of the Fort Bragg Post Exchange Stores (2 stores) and with the local Barnes and Noble manager. The three events were very successful and Jim and I celebrated "appropriately" at a local pub. To my knowledge, there has never been a book signing at Snyder Church, but there is a first for every thing. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)