[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Welcome Montgomery ALA, DOM

Welcome Montgomery ALA, DOM

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Welcome Montgomery ALA, DOM

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Ed: He has yet to post but Rev. Ken May is our latest registered participant .

Welcome Ken.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Welcome Montgomery ALA, Dom

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:02 pm

I assume that's supposed to read "Ala. DOM", not "ALA, Dom". Not that it matters. Welcome, anyway, whatever your following initials.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:22 am

I've known Ken since dinosaurs roamed the earth! :D We were at Jacksonville State and Southern Seminary together. Welcome aboard, Ken!
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:15 pm

I've also known Ken for a while, and I'm glad to have him join the festivities here.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

I have heard

Postby fox » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Ken has lurked here for quite a while
I wonder if he has any news from this year's Furman Pastor's School or would that get him in trouble?
Glad you are here, Ken

Lemons friend, Sfox
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

WELCOME KEN

Postby Prentice Fox » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 pm

to baptist life forums. A dear friend here in NC, Dr. Ron Loftis, has just retired recently as DOM of the Robeson Baptist Association; and he may join us here soon. I am new here also, and thus far I have discovered that this group is not unlike any other baptist group that you may have previously known; i.e., that where you find three or four baptists, you will find three or four opinions. Welcome, Ken. UNCLE PRENTICE
Last edited by Prentice Fox on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prentice Fox

Re: Welcome Montgomery ALA, DOM

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:53 pm

So more or less, if I understand correctly, similar to an ABC "Area Minister" (an Area being a subdivision or constituent part of a Region). Incidentally, can an Association relate to both State Conventions in states where there are competitors?

Is there an SBC state convention in Washington State? There is a Washington Baptist Convention, but it's ABC (from before the creation of the Regional system; pretty much all it does anymore is own the camp system).

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:34 pm

E: Hauro, I am a bit puzzled about your reference to the State, ABC convntion in the state of Washington. How does that fit with the American Baptist Churches of the North West which includes Idaho, Montana, Utah and Washington.

And David note they have an Ex Minister and two associate Ex Ministers and no area folk, as listed in the national directory.

And here in NYS we have an Ex Minister and 7 Associate Ex Ministers each with rather un equal geographic areas.. And some have only one association in their area while others have several.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:07 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Looks like

Postby fox » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:24 pm

the cat has got Ken's keyboard

Ken, sAy something so we'll know you're out there and Lemons and Miller are alive

sfox
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:15 pm

Ken, what is your home church in Alabama? An old high school friend from Rome, Georgia is now at Fort Payne (or is it Pain?) AL, FBC.. Her husband was also AN SBC Pastor. Are you near Fort Payne. UNCLE PRENTICE
Prentice Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:03 pm

Ed: Prent, at this late date, I doubt you will get a reply from Ken.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Prentice Fox » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:00 pm

Yeah, I guess you are right, Ed. Ken has had about two months now to make his debut. I have never known a Director of Associational Missions to be silent this long about Anything! I wonder if any of his fellow Alabamians on the board scared him off. Either that, or his computer is real slow. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

May

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Ken May has a testimony in the current issue of the Bama Baptists where he tells how he met his wife at Shocco Springs.
He's on the board at Shocco now and as DOM oversees the the association that includes Jay Wolfe--David Rogers' friend--and Wolfe's parishioner.
I hope he will have all them reading Randall Balmer's new book on the Presidents soon.

To Prentice:
Maybe if you bring Olson down from Leland I will speak to May and we can have lunch there in Lumberton
Last edited by Stephen Fox on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Ken, "Oh Brother, where art Thou?" We all here long to hear from you. I have visited Shocco Springs for Chaplains Conferences and played some tennis there on your courts. Shocco is indeed nice, but we have a beautiful Conference facility here in North Carolina up near Asheboro. It is called Caraway; and it is an inspiring place.
Prentice Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)