[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - seems like a differant place

seems like a differant place

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Re: seems like a differant place

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:41 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:34 pm

Was he Israel or Jacob? Was she Sarai or Sarah? Was he Saul or Paul? Simon or Peter? René Descartes or Renatus Cartesius? John Calvin, Jean Chauvin or Ioannes Calvinus? Young Chief Joseph or Hinmatuyalatkeht? Am I Leland or Haruo?

I do know that I am feeling some ambivalence about welcoming someone who seems to obviously marginal in his sanity, and whose post raises so many red flags about his probable ability to engage in conversation (even if I were NOT pro-gays-in-the-church)... I am wondering if maybe he's confusing this place with Baptistboard.com.

So, turning from the readers to the writer, welcome whoever you are, and is that Marysville of the Tulalips?

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Actually some of our questions are at least touched on in two of the poster's posts from around Valentine's Day (there's a connection to cherubim there!) - inter alia I see that the Marysville in question is in CA.

I still find the sentences containing the word "gay(s)" troubling.

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby jerryl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:43 pm

jerryl

Postby Haruo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:07 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:27 am

I think somebody forgot to take his meds :wink:
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby ehart » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Seeing that Ed is here as well, I'm predicting this thread and a membership will be disappearing in 5, 4, 3, 2,................
ehart

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Ed: Mr, Myers, You paint with far too wide a brush when you attemt to address colectivly all who participate on these boards in you tirade. And you reference to "You snakes" is in this moderators opinion a direct violation of our posted rules. I am as oposed to the practice of homosexuality as you are but I am convinced that your broadbrush confrontational approach simply makes marters of practicing homosexualsanf those who support them.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby jerryl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:35 am

Jack Allen Myers,

It's pretty obvious to me that there is deep emotional pain behind your false and grotesque statements. I am sorry about your pain and sorry that you choose to lash out in this way. Your statements remind me of words of white racist segregationists in a past era that said something like "What the [insert crude word for African Americans] really want is to violate our precious, virtuous white women." You are no less hateful and no less wrong. Such statements made on a Christian forum are much like Swastikas spray painted on a Synagogue. You are in my prayers.

Chynwr,

I'm sorry you've had to see this so early into your involvement here. There are people here who deeply believe that homosexuality is a sin, and a smaller subset of those believe that homosexuality is a rather grave sin that the church should actively try to remove from peoples lives and that the church should work to reverse the tolerance of homosexuality and homosexuals that has been gaining ground in the last several years. But, none would type such things as Mr. Myers has. None are filled with this kind of irrational hate. As a reasonably long time participant here, I apologize that you have had to read this. I hope you will not think that this is a common occurrence here, and I hope to see your continued participation. And I apologise to any other new participants who were offended.

Moderators,

WHY ARE THESE HORRIBLE POSTS STILL HERE? (YES I AM YELLING!) (Haven't you got your orders from the Gay Godfather yet? [ugh :x'])

jerryl
Last edited by jerryl on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
jerryl

Postby ehart » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:09 am

Yes, Jerry, I am wondering why these posts are still here as well. I fully expected this topic to at the very least be locked today. I am of the camp that believes that homosexuality is a sin BUT this type of hatespeak does nothing to further the Kingdom of God. ALL people, everywhere need Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and no one will come to Jesus feet if we as Christians spend our time calling people--Christians and non-Christians alike--names. Jesus didn't win the heart of Zaccheus or anyone else by calling him/them "snakes" and being hateful to their faces. If the King of the Universe can be kind to others, shouldn't we be as well?
ehart

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby jerryl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:52 pm

jerryl

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:34 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby jerryl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:52 pm

jerryl

Postby jerryl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

jerryl

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:21 am

Oy gevalt. See you in heaven, to our mutual amazement.

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:32 am

I reported this one. I have a long-standing policy of not advocating the banning of forum participants, but I think this thread exemplifies a case where I think banning is called for. Phelps West, I think he comes across as. And I see no evidence of any effort on his part to engage in discussion or dialogue, not even at Wilkey's level of presence. ;-)

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ehart » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:11 am

I agree. Thank you, Haruo, for reporting this. Phelps West, I reckon. :brick:
ehart

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Thanks, Timothy. It feels better already. Remind me to watch out if I ever drive through Marysville, CA.

I hope we will all pray for his restoration to shalom.

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)