[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Glad to be back (even if you didn';t realize I had gone)

Glad to be back (even if you didn';t realize I had gone)

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Glad to be back (even if you didn';t realize I had gone)

Postby Beaver Bill » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:30 pm

I have been following the "Thinking Baptists" forum for some time, but stumbled across this one recently. I don't think I have even introduced myself.

A retired Baptist minister living in Toronto, Canada. Interests are varied, but my computer is definitel one -- that and classical music, reading and the northern woods.

I have "been gone" in the sense that I had a computer crash a couple of weeks ago, and lost the bookmark to this page. So, after much searching, I have come home, and hope to continue to see what is being said here, and (occasionally) to make my contribution as well.
William
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Beaver Bill

Re: Glad to be back (even if you didn';t realize I had gone)

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:49 pm

Welcome, William! Any chance of getting you to change your handle to something a bit more specific, say by adding a last name or at least an initial other than T? Reason is, one of the moderators is named William Thornton, and if you start posting as "William" many regulars will assume he's the author, and it will all get very muddled. We already have multiple Ed's, Tim's and David's, all of which are also moderators' names. Luckily the moderators all use their last names, but still, once people start bantering and jabbing, it becomes hard to remember which Tim wrote what or which Ed ... you know what I mean. So far, Bruce, Joshua and Trudy are in the game without competitors, but that may change any day now.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Beaver Bill » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Sure thing. On the "Thinking Baptists" website I'm called Beaver, after that energetic little rodent that is one of our Canadian symbols. How do I go about becoming "Beaver" on this site?
William
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Beaver Bill

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:13 pm

not sure you can. this site has an RNF, that is, a Real Name Fetish. But they might let you be "Beaver Bill" or "Wm Beaver" or something. I'll let an actual administrator address the mechanics and limits of toleration.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Beaver Bill » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:01 pm

"Beaver Bill" would be fine for me, but I don't know the mechanics of changing. Re-joining the group is not an option, because my e-mail address "is in use by another member". (That must be me!) So it is the technicalities of it that I need to know, or someone will have to change thew name for me.

Thanks
William
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Beaver Bill

Postby David Flick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:50 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)