[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hello

Hello

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hello

Postby Howard Kopsho » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 am

Howard K
Howard Kopsho

Hello to Howard

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:31 am

Welcome, Howard. I hope you are still there. You signed on some months ago with no response from these "Babbling Baptist Blowhards(?) . You may have startled some of them with your liturgical background and continuing adherence to some of the old traditions. I have been in ecumenical settings most of my adult life, and I have great appreciation for some of your Catholic strengths, just as Martin Luther did (and he wound up retaining portions of the Catholic Liturgy.) You view of The Eucharist, is one that has always had great appeal for me; and indeed Christ is present in the Sacrament (we call it "ordinance") of Communion. Zwingli and Martin had a lot of agreement on their dialogue about The Lord's supper in Marburg. Howard, You have a long succession of statements of belief here on this and that and the other. Would you settle for just the Apostle's Creed or the Nicene Creed? The most important thing is that you have come to personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope you can post and share more with us. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Last edited by Prentice Fox on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prentice Fox

Re: Hello

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:30 am

Ed: Prent, did you read Howard K's post of 1:59 P.M. on July18, 2006?

I am not sure who you are calling blowhards but it boarders on being a violation of our forum rules. I am betting you have heard the old adage; "It is better to let sleeping dogs lie." Please don't go dredging up skeletons that have been in the archives for more than twice as long as you have been here, unless it happens to be some one with whom you have had experience in another venue . On the other hand we are glad to have folk return even after an extended absence, on their own, or with the prompting of those who interacted with them on these boards.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:30 am

No, Ed. I didn't read any post of Howard's that he made before his Hello last October. I knew nothing about Howard than what I saw on his Hello post. I just assumed it was one of his first posts I only saw Howard's post "Hello" post of Oct. 2006. I did not realize that he had posted earlier than his Hello or since then. I just noticed that no one had welcomed him, and he came from a different background than most of us, and I responded to his Catholic orientation (With which I have some degree of familiarity.) Nothing else. So, what's the problem? . What forum and what thread did Howard post in? The "BLOWHARD" was just a pleasant dysphemism to describe some of the action that goes on here. I include myself in that group. I will edit it if you desire. I have already edited my "Low Libido Status" at Flick's requests. Keep me informed of any other "violations.". Ed: who are "these skeletons that have been in the archives twice as long as I have been here?" Could you introduce me? Read my welcome. 99% of it was a sincere welcome to Howard's sign on, since no other Forum member had taken time to do it in 8 months. Which rule of the forums have I violated? PRENTICE.p.s. Ed, Have you read fox's prayer request for me? and his essentially calling my grandmother a "bitch or a "ho'? It is toward the last post on Snyder Pastor thread, in the BF&P Forum, and desecrates both my Pastor and my Grandmother. I hope you have a cool day there in North Creek. It is going to be another 100+ degrees here. But, tomorrow, I leave for Anchorage, AK. and the temps there today are 48-64. I used to ski there at Gore Mountain just up the road from you. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Last edited by Prentice Fox on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prentice Fox

I CHECKED HOWARD'S RECORD JUST NOW

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:19 am

PRIOR TO MY WELCOME to him, I had read nothing else of his. I know nothing of the content of those 7 posts I see that he had made. His last post, I believe was Jan 2007. There was some obvious heavy debate and some personal fingerpointing involved there;; for Ed to jump down on me so heavily regarding my welcome post. If there are other sign-in posts I should avoid in the future, please let me know. I jumped in the pond, and didn't know about all the rocks on the bottom. I knew nothing of the past history of his time or post history on the board.. I was totally unaware of what Howard said or anyone said to Howard. I saw just now that one of his opening lines was about Frank Page; and that is all I saw. Ed, would it have been better for you to give me a little info about a thread gone bad, rather than to wrongly assume that I knew about it and falsely accuse me?? Don't take the "Blowhard" assessment too personal. My understanding is a "B... is a lot of hot air, myself included." Is Howard's brief time on the board the skeleton you spoke of? If so, I don't know the skeleton and I don't need to. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Prentice Fox » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:34 am

My mistake, Ed. I did not know that this person was no longer here or any thing at all about his past posts. Another newcomer like me might make the same mistake I did. I only saw hat he had signed in, and no one greeted him. Maybe you should put a lock on it, so no one else makes the same mistake I made. I responded, based on what he said to his Catholic allusions. All I had to go with was the printed word. I could not read his mind or any past board history.( The Oxford English Dictionary defines "Blowhard": "A person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way." I am complying with Flick's Instruction on family feuds. 49 degrees at 6:00 AM here in Alaska this morning. I am suffering from jet lag.. four hours different here than in NC. PRENTICE
Prentice Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)