[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hello from the Delta

Hello from the Delta

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hello from the Delta

Postby Jim1964 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:48 pm

I am a poster on two other Baptist message boards, and I found this link at BaptistLife.com. I am a native of Texas, but have moved around the Southeast and Mid-South the past eight years. I am theologically conservative, but don't always agree with what the SBC does (example-I support the principle of BFM2K, but not how it is used). I have also been called to ministry, but because my wife was previously married and divorced before she met me, I will have problems getting into an SBC congregation. Plus the churches in this part of Mississippi tend to act like you need to attend MidAmerica in Memphis if you want to attend seminary--a school I cannot attend due to their stance on divorce and divorced spouses :o We may even move back to Texas in a later time so I can attend a school like Truett.
Jim1964

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:30 pm

Dear Jimmy,

See my welcome in your E-mail

Ed Pettibone.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Joshua Villines » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:05 pm

"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

delta blues

Postby Danny Chisholm » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:23 pm

Jim,

I moved from Meridian, MS up here to TN and am familiar with the Delta. I've been to Clarksdale on a mission trip and have a good friend in Winona. A woman in our church brags about the Ms delta. I guess you have to grow up there. It is a tough, dry, flat place.

You are going to have a difficult time in the church area, because there is that MidAmerica influence, which is really quite widespread. These guys get into SBC churches even though it isn't "one of the six" Many SBC churches think "the D word" is the unpardonable sin, even if it pertains to your wife.

Besides, why would you want to attend Mid-America?

Best wishes, and glad to have you on board.
Danny Chisholm

Re: delta blues

Postby Jim1964 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:06 pm

Jim1964

Postby Jim1964 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:22 pm

I just started a blog today if anyone is interested.
Jim1964

eHarmony

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)