Introduce yourself here!

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:47 pm

Ed: Hello Tom, welcome! Massachusetts is a pretty large state, are you East (Boston), West (Pittsfeild), Out on Cape Cod or where. I am in upstate NY., the Adirondack State Park, North Creek, to be more specific. My wife pastors two ABC-USA churches. We are also active in CBF. and because the BFNE (Baptist Fellowship of the Northeast is chartered in Mass., we get over there for at least one coordinating council meeting a year.

Trudy and I are the Moderators of the ABC Family roundtable here on Baptist life.com although we are both Graduates of SBTS. We joined an ABC church while she was working on a Doctorate at Hebrew Union in Cincinnati. She changed directions, accepted an M.A. from HUC and instead of persuading a college teaching career she entered full time local church ministry. We still have a number of friends who are in SBC churches.

Again Welcome!
Ed Pettibone

Postby tom » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi Ed,

I live and work in the Boston area. I know a little about the area where you live. My late mother's relatives are from the Lake George area. It's a beautiful area!

tom
tom

Postby Haruo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi Tom,

I live in Seattle, but was in the Boston area last summer, worshiping at FBC Malden, a small but vibrant congregation that my dad did a student pastoral internship at in the late 'forties.

Haruo
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby tom » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Haruo wrote:Hi Tom,

I live in Seattle, but was in the Boston area last summer, worshiping at FBC Malden, a small but vibrant congregation that my dad did a student pastoral internship at in the late 'forties. Haruo

Nice to meet you, Haruo. I visited your part of the country for a wedding on a weekend last summer. A friend was married in Albany, OR and I visited my brother near Seattle. I didn't make it to Portland or Seattle, as I ran out of time. I liked the area very much. I can't wait to go back.

Tom
tom

LC take over

Postby Howard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:45 pm

MichaelC:

You're right. It is no fun having your school hijacked. LC is my school also Class of 57
Howard
Howard

HI

Postby BrianL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:33 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm a youth pastor at a Southern Baptist church located in Oklahoma. Nice to meet everyone.
BrianL

Re: HI

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:37 am

fireman1173005 wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm a youth pastor at a Southern Baptist church located in Oklahoma. Nice to meet everyone.

Hi Brian,

Please change your handle to include some part of your name before one of the moderators tells you to. Or explain that your last name is Fireman... ;-)

Haruo
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby FrankR » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:24 pm

Hello all,
I go to a Southern Baptist church in Northeastern Oklahoma (not Brian above though). Nice to meet you.
...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)

http://www.thebaptistpage.net
FrankR

Postby FrankR » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:26 am

Thank you for taking care of that for me :)
...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)

http://www.thebaptistpage.net
FrankR

Postby Prentice Fox » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:48 pm

WELCOME FRANK R. I'M GLAD YOU ARE NOT J. FRANK...? as a relatively new comer to the forum myself,(LESS THAN TWO MONTHS AS BAPLIFE MEMBER) I welcome a fellow SBC congreant. However, my church here in NC is dually aligned. Are you familiar with that concept? For us, it seems to work pretty good, and we all exercise our basic Baptist freedom to vote against everything that reeks of change or transition against the "Good Ol' Way." UNCLE PRENTICE
Prentice Fox

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Welcome, Frank.

Haruo
radiclib ABCer frpm the Pac NW
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby MarshaH » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi

I'm Marsha from Northwest Baptist Church Tucson, AZ
MarshaH

Postby MarshaH » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:40 pm

My church is SBC. Also don't know how to change my handle to my first name. Its MarshaH
MarshaH

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi MarshaH, and welcome. Hopefully a moderator will come along and change your handle for you. In the meantime, feel free to post as mustang (when they ĉange your name I think all the places where it now says "mustang" for poster's name suddenly, "in the twinkling of an eye" as the Bible says, old things will pass away and all will say "MarshaH").

Haruo
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby MarshaH » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to interesting times.

Marsha H :)
MarshaH

Postby MarshaH » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:17 pm

Yes if you would please.

Thank you and God Bless You. :)
MarshaH

Postby Keith A » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:08 am

Hello everyone. My name is Keith A and I am an Okie living in Katy, Texas. I recently found this site while researching information for a book writing project. One of David Flick's posts contained some information about events concerning a flood in Oklahoma that had a great effect on my family. I was blessed to have the opportunity to spend a couple of hours or so talking to David - what a great guy!

BTW..........I am not a Baptist but I love Jesus. My hope is to make a few new friends here and share a few thoughts.
Keith A

Postby David Flick » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Keith A wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Keith A and I am an Okie living in Katy, Texas. I recently found this site while researching information for a book writing project. One of David Flick's posts contained some information about events concerning a flood in Oklahoma that had a great effect on my family. I was blessed to have the opportunity to spend a couple of hours or so talking to David - what a great guy!

BTW..........I am not a Baptist but I love Jesus. My hope is to make a few new friends here and share a few thoughts.

Hello KeithA,

Welcome to BaptistLIfe.Com. You are now a member of the BaptistLife family and I can assure you that you already have new friends. And you are welcome to share a few thoughts any time you please. I enjoyed our conversation on the phone last week. We'll have to keep in touch. Let me know when you get ready to go to Hammon to do further research on that book you're writing. I'll take you out to the place where your grandfather's house stood...

-------------------------

Note to the BaptistLife family: KeithA has roots that reach back to my hometown. He's a nephew to a man whose family was practically wiped out by the Hammon Flood of 1934. I believe that seven members of Keith's family drowned on that fateful night back in 1934. (See this post)

Keith's Uncle Hurl was the same age as my father. Dad and Hurl were in the same class at Hammon Public Schools. Keith's father was two years old when the flood occurred. It was a sad story.

------------------------------

Keith, you're a writer. I wonder if you could give us a thumbnail sketch --from what you have learned in your research-- of what happened to your family. Especially the part about how your Uncle Hurl saved your father and grandfather when the house slammed into the bridge.
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 am

Welcome, Keith A!

Be sure to keep your last initial close at hand at all times. ;-)

Haruo
Haruo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Welcome Forum (For Visitors and New Users)