Pastor Steven L Anderson

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Pastor Steven L Anderson

Postby sanderson1769 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:29 pm

My name is Steven Anderson, and I am the pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Phoenix, Arizona. I just started the church almost three months ago, and things are going great!
Sincerely,

Pastor Steven L Anderson
Faithful Word Baptist Church
http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org
sanderson1769

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm

Welcome! Pretty sure you're the only KJVO (let alone 1611!!! do you really mean 1611?) type around here.

Haruo
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Pastor Steven L Anderson

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:51 pm

sanderson1769 wrote:My name is Steven Anderson, and I am the pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Phoenix, Arizona. I just started the church almost three months ago, and things are going great!

You will probably be the most conservative person here...but it couldn't hurt this crowd. Welcome.

William
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joshua Villines » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:56 pm

Welcome Pastor Anderson. You'll run into quite a diverse lot here.

-Joshua
"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:54 pm

sanderson1769 wrote:My name is Steven Anderson, and ...I just started the church almost three months ago, and things are going great!

Can you clarify "started the church."? ? Was it a mission of another church and you were elected or called as minister? Or did you buy/rent a building and put up a shingle like a lawyer starting a new business?

Do you "own" the church? If the congregation wanted a different pastor, could it elect one without your interference?

Just curious.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby ~Grace~ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:37 pm

William Thornton wrote:
sanderson1769 wrote:My name is Steven Anderson, and I am the pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Phoenix, Arizona. I just started the church almost three months ago, and things are going great!

You will probably be the most conservative person here...but it couldn't hurt this crowd. Welcome.

William

Yeah! Another conservative!!!
(However, I am not KJV only...I use NASAB)
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller
~Grace~

Postby ~Grace~ » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:06 pm

Want to know the worst part? Sometimes my Pastor quotes non KJV stuff! :o :wink:
They sell NASB at BJ.
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller
~Grace~

Postby pjerwin » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:39 am

Chris:

Your feigned naïveté is obviously a thinly veiled attempt to bait a newcomer into an argument. Get real.

Welcome, Steven.
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby pjerwin » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:00 pm

Let me show you what I mean:

Chris, during your bout with gerd you said, "I called the minister of Education about 8 am and left a voice mail message, so he can get a substitute teacher or move my class in with another;" you often refer to it as "my class." What do you mean by "my class?" Do you "own" the class? If the class wanted a different teacher, could it select one without your interference? Do you question anyone else on their frequent usage of "my church," "my congregation," "my pastor," "my..." "Just curious." :lol:
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:21 pm

pjerwin wrote:Let me show you what I mean:

Chris, during your bout with gerd you said, "I called the minister of Education about 8 am and left a voice mail message, so he can get a substitute teacher or move my class in with another;" you often refer to it as "my class." What do you mean by "my class?" Do you "own" the class? If the class wanted a different teacher, could it select one without your interference? Do you question anyone else on their frequent usage of "my church," "my congregation," "my pastor," "my..." "Just curious." :lol:

Ed: In context it seems obvious to me that Chris is talking about the class that he teaches and has responsibility to and for. Why else would he call to arrange for a substitute.

Now I am curious as to what you mean by Chris's " feigned naïveté"? And how is it "obviously a thinly veiled attempt to bait a newcomer into an argument" ? What argument do you think Chris is looking for. And why do you believe Chris is being unreal?

Chris is aware that there is more than one way to "Start a church" and for some reason he considers the answer as to which way the newcomer stared the new church has significance.

Talk about some one wanting an argument why in the world in the middle of July is Grace replying to a post written at the end of march.
Ed Pettibone

Postby pjerwin » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Ed:

We all bit, didn't we? But don't you think it best to take this kind of discussion outside the "welcome" forum? :lol:
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:13 pm

pjerwin wrote:Ed:

But don't you think it best to take this kind of discussion outside the "welcome" forum? :lol:

Ed: I do, why didn't you do just that when you explain what you find so funny?

If you wish to answer you will need to start a new thread, this one is being locked.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Welcome Forum