[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - A new addition to the family

A new addition to the family

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

A new addition to the family

Postby Shawn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:57 pm

Greetings brothers and sisters- my name is Shawn, I'm a 2nd year M.Div at Claremont School of Theology seeking ordination in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the American Baptist Churches USA. My call from the Lord is to bear witness to an Evangelicalism that is affirming of all- Yes, I'm a Progressive Evangelical, revitalizing dead churches and planting new ones that are spirit led and spirit filled. I look forward to meeting each one of you and going deeper on issues important to us.
Shawn

Re: A new addition to the family

Postby Haruo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 am

Welcome, Shawn. Speaking as a Moderator, I really would like you to change your handle to "Shawn", since we have a rule against handles unrelated to a participant's name. But I'm glad to run into someone who is Progressive and yet not afraid to call him- or her-self "refinersfire". When I approved your request to join the forum, I was afraid you might turn out to be a fundie who felt Spirit-led to toast all of our britches on the coals.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:34 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 am

Shawn

Postby Haruo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Although my dad was ordained a Northern Baptist (pre-ABC), during my childhood from before my birth until his death in 1968 when I was 14, he held credentials from both ABC and DOC, serving as the campus minister of both denominations at the University of Washington. When I was a kid, once a month he (and often we) attended University Christian Church, instead of our usual University Baptist Church.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

One way to change your handle is for me to do it. You are now Shawn. :)

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Koester » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Shawn Koester

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Last I looked it appeared you were registered twice, once as just Shawn and once as Shawn Koester. I'd say pick whichever you prefer and let the other fade away. Glad you're here again.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)