It's been awhile

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

It's been awhile

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:36 pm

The BL.com ticker says I was last on here October of 2012. I figured it was about time I stopped by. I was hoping to see peace and tranquility between all of the various Baptist entities/viewpoints/segments. What I found was most of the same topics and, of course, the same names/personalities. Apparently not a lot of BL.com evangelism going on - just the same core families. Hey, just like a rural church!

I'm not up on the latest Baptist issues as I've been hanging/worshiping with UMC folk of late. They are having their own issues so I figured I could come here and relearn how to fuss and feud in Christian love. :D

I don't expect to be by a great deal - as two years between visits suggests. But, I'll try to be a bit more present - sitting in the back playing with the hymnal (if there is one) and making paper airplanes out of the bulletin (if there is one.) I guess I could also shoot spitballs at the projection screens at the non-hymnal churches. All-in-all, continuing to make good use of that seminary education crafted in the non-internet days.

A Merry Christmas to all as we celebrate the Light of Life come to live among us and in us.
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Re: It's been awhile

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Welcome back.
Sandy

Re: It's been awhile

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Nice to see you Michael! There are a few stubborn Methodists hanging out here too. :wink:
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)