[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Postby Jason Wolfe » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello, I'm Jason Wolfe. I suppose I should tell you a little about myself so you have an idea of what to expect when encountering me in this lovely forum. I'm an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I believe in Free Grace/Once Saved ALWAYS Saved/Eternal Security. I believe that salvation is by grace ALONE, through faith ALONE, in Christ ALONE, NOT of works lest any man should boast. I believe that if you add any conditions other than faith to the gospel, in any way, in any capacity, at any point whether before or after faith, then it is a false gospel of works righteousness. I believe in the plenary verbal inspiration of Scripture. I believe that the King James Bible is the perfectly preserved word of God in the English language. I believe that the Bible is our final authority in ALL matters of faith and practice. I believe that the Bible can and should be translated into ALL tongues. I believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ, and a literal earthly millennium. I believe in a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture. I believe in believer's baptism, separation of Church and State, the autonomy of the local church (I don't believe in the "universal" Church), the priesthood of believers, individual soul liberty, young earth creationism, pacifism, UNlimited atonement, human free will, I utterly reject all five points of Calvinism. I also reject Arminianism and believe that the oh-so common contrast between Calvinism/Arminianism is a false dichotomy. And, of course, I believe in the trinity, the resurrection, the miracles of Christ, the virgin birth, etc. That's enough of that.

I write a blog: freegrace123188.blogspot.com

I look forward to interacting with new people, and taking part in vigorous debates, etc. See ya around!
Jason Wolfe

Re: Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Our theologies are quite different. But welcome to the forum. :D
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:48 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Also, check out .
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 am

Is it me or does this seem to be a "circular" thing? If past history holds, then this will be one in which our new associate Jason will try to convince us of his positions and why they are the only legitimate Christian ones and will soon move along after not gaining much traction here. Then in another 6 or 8 months another will drop in with the same basic proclamations Jason made in his opening post, only to move along after a few posts.

Welcome, Jason, may you last longer or linger with us longer than your "predecessors" of the same mind.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Jason, I've not yet seen another post from you so I checked out your blog. Can I ask a couple of questions? Or have you already given up posting here?

1. If you don't believe in Calvinism or Arminianism what do you believe about salvation?
2. Why do you care if David Platt is the President of the IMB if you are in the SBC?
3. How do you believe in the security of the believer and not be a Calvinist, at least at some level?

Just curious. If you check out my blog you'll see we are in very different places.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jason Wolfe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Jason Wolfe

Postby Jason Wolfe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Jason Wolfe

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Jason, you are actually closer to Arminianism than you think you are. Those of us in Arminian denominations do not believe you can "lose your salvation" like I might lose a quarter out of my pocket. We believe what is taught in Hebrews that you can apostastize. That is you can of your own free will walk away from God. We say so because if you can never turn you back on God after following him then you are predestined.

I view salvation as a process and not as a single life event. The Bible tells us that we are saved, have been saved, and are being saved. It is an on going process.

On the second question, I don't now Platt all that well. Are you saying he is a false teacher simply because he is a Calvinist? Or are there other reasons.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)