Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Postby Jason Wolfe » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello, I'm Jason Wolfe. I suppose I should tell you a little about myself so you have an idea of what to expect when encountering me in this lovely forum. I'm an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I believe in Free Grace/Once Saved ALWAYS Saved/Eternal Security. I believe that salvation is by grace ALONE, through faith ALONE, in Christ ALONE, NOT of works lest any man should boast. I believe that if you add any conditions other than faith to the gospel, in any way, in any capacity, at any point whether before or after faith, then it is a false gospel of works righteousness. I believe in the plenary verbal inspiration of Scripture. I believe that the King James Bible is the perfectly preserved word of God in the English language. I believe that the Bible is our final authority in ALL matters of faith and practice. I believe that the Bible can and should be translated into ALL tongues. I believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ, and a literal earthly millennium. I believe in a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture. I believe in believer's baptism, separation of Church and State, the autonomy of the local church (I don't believe in the "universal" Church), the priesthood of believers, individual soul liberty, young earth creationism, pacifism, UNlimited atonement, human free will, I utterly reject all five points of Calvinism. I also reject Arminianism and believe that the oh-so common contrast between Calvinism/Arminianism is a false dichotomy. And, of course, I believe in the trinity, the resurrection, the miracles of Christ, the virgin birth, etc. That's enough of that.

I write a blog: freegrace123188.blogspot.com

I look forward to interacting with new people, and taking part in vigorous debates, etc. See ya around!
Jason Wolfe

Re: Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Our theologies are quite different. But welcome to the forum. :D
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
My Blog - http://timbonney.com
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Jason Wolfe wrote:Hello, I'm Jason Wolfe. I suppose I should tell you a little about myself so you have an idea of what to expect when encountering me in this lovely forum. I'm an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I believe in Free Grace/Once Saved ALWAYS Saved/Eternal Security. I believe that salvation is by grace ALONE, through faith ALONE, in Christ ALONE, NOT of works lest any man should boast. I believe that if you add any conditions other than faith to the gospel, in any way, in any capacity, at any point whether before or after faith, then it is a false gospel of works righteousness. I believe in the plenary verbal inspiration of Scripture. I believe that the King James Bible is the perfectly preserved word of God in the English language. I believe that the Bible is our final authority in ALL matters of faith and practice. I believe that the Bible can and should be translated into ALL tongues. I believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ, and a literal earthly millennium. I believe in a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture. I believe in believer's baptism, separation of Church and State, the autonomy of the local church (I don't believe in the "universal" Church), the priesthood of believers, individual soul liberty, young earth creationism, pacifism, UNlimited atonement, human free will, I utterly reject all five points of Calvinism. I also reject Arminianism and believe that the oh-so common contrast between Calvinism/Arminianism is a false dichotomy. And, of course, I believe in the trinity, the resurrection, the miracles of Christ, the virgin birth, etc. That's enough of that.

I write a blog: freegrace123188.blogspot.com

I look forward to interacting with new people, and taking part in vigorous debates, etc. See ya around!

Hi Jason, and welcome to BaptistLife.com.

What gives you such a high regard for the Church of England's Authorized Version of 1611 (presumably as updated, mostly as regards spelling, 150 or so years later), and do you believe each language that has a Bible in it has one version that is the perfectly preserved word of God in that language? I hope you (and anyone else who wishes to join in) will answer this in this thread I just created for the purpose.

On a related note, how do you determine what set of writings constitutes the Bible in the plenarily-verbally-inspired sense? The King James Bible included a set of Apocrypha, printed between the Old and New Testaments. Most Baptists (including as far as I know all Independent Fundamental Baptists) who have a high view of the King James Bible also have an equally if not even more low view of the Apocrypha. Again, I have created a thread in which to discuss this, here.

Grace and peace in, of and through Christ!
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:37 am

Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Is it me or does this seem to be a "circular" thing? If past history holds, then this will be one in which our new associate Jason will try to convince us of his positions and why they are the only legitimate Christian ones and will soon move along after not gaining much traction here. Then in another 6 or 8 months another will drop in with the same basic proclamations Jason made in his opening post, only to move along after a few posts.

Welcome, Jason, may you last longer or linger with us longer than your "predecessors" of the same mind.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Jason, I've not yet seen another post from you so I checked out your blog. Can I ask a couple of questions? Or have you already given up posting here?

1. If you don't believe in Calvinism or Arminianism what do you believe about salvation?
2. Why do you care if David Platt is the President of the IMB if you are in the SBC?
3. How do you believe in the security of the believer and not be a Calvinist, at least at some level?

Just curious. If you check out my blog you'll see we are in very different places.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jason Wolfe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 pm

ET wrote:Is it me or does this seem to be a "circular" thing? If past history holds, then this will be one in which our new associate Jason will try to convince us of his positions and why they are the only legitimate Christian ones and will soon move along after not gaining much traction here. Then in another 6 or 8 months another will drop in with the same basic proclamations Jason made in his opening post, only to move along after a few posts.

Welcome, Jason, may you last longer or linger with us longer than your "predecessors" of the same mind.

I see somebody's an incurable optimist!
Jason Wolfe

Postby Jason Wolfe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Timothy Bonney wrote:Jason, I've not yet seen another post from you so I checked out your blog. Can I ask a couple of questions? Or have you already given up posting here?

1. If you don't believe in Calvinism or Arminianism what do you believe about salvation?
2. Why do you care if David Platt is the President of the IMB if you are in the SBC?
3. How do you believe in the security of the believer and not be a Calvinist, at least at some level?

Just curious. If you check out my blog you'll see we are in very different places.

1. The gospel is different from Calvinism in that God doesn't predestine people for salvation and damnation, Christ died for everyone, and we have the free will to choose whether or not to accept the free gift of eternal life. It's different from Arminianism in that I don't have to "persevere in the faith" in order to be saved. I can never lose my salvation as Arminianism teaches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does not Arminianism also teach total depravity, which leads to their view of "prevenient grace"? I don't believe in that either, so far as I'm aware, maybe I don't understand that aspect of Arminian theology.

2. I care because he's a false teacher using his fame and platform to spread a false gospel. Who cares what organization he or I are or aren't a part of?

3. I'm glad you asked that question. Because Calvinism's version of eternal security is a sham. Ask a Calvinist if he knows he saved, he won't be able to tell you! Of course he'll try to wiggle out of it, and say something like "I think I'm saved because of my good works, and I think I have the testimony of the Holy Spirit as evidence" etc. etc. but he can't just say, "Yes, I'm saved. I know it. I know I'm going to heaven, and nothing can change that." Because he believes he has to persevere to the end, and that he might be a reprobate false convert that at any point can fall away from the faith if God has so decreed it from eternity past. What kind of security is that?! He doesn't actually know he's saved, but the Bible says I can KNOW I'm saved simply because of my faith in Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe in the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Jason Wolfe

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Jason, you are actually closer to Arminianism than you think you are. Those of us in Arminian denominations do not believe you can "lose your salvation" like I might lose a quarter out of my pocket. We believe what is taught in Hebrews that you can apostastize. That is you can of your own free will walk away from God. We say so because if you can never turn you back on God after following him then you are predestined.

I view salvation as a process and not as a single life event. The Bible tells us that we are saved, have been saved, and are being saved. It is an on going process.

On the second question, I don't now Platt all that well. Are you saying he is a false teacher simply because he is a Calvinist? Or are there other reasons.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Jason Wolfe wrote:
Timothy Bonney wrote:Jason, I've not yet seen another post from you so I checked out your blog. Can I ask a couple of questions? Or have you already given up posting here?

1. The gospel is different from Calvinism in that God doesn't predestine people for salvation and damnation, Christ died for everyone, and we have the free will to choose whether or not to accept the free gift of eternal life. It's different from Arminianism in that I don't have to "persevere in the faith" in order to be saved. I can never lose my salvation as Arminianism teaches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does not Arminianism also teach total depravity, which leads to their view of "prevenient grace"? I don't believe in that either, so far as I'm aware, maybe I don't understand that aspect of Arminian theology.

2. I care because he's a false teacher using his fame and platform to spread a false gospel. Who cares what organization he or I are or aren't a part of?

3. I'm glad you asked that question. Because Calvinism's version of eternal security is a sham. Ask a Calvinist if he knows he saved, he won't be able to tell you! Of course he'll try to wiggle out of it, and say something like "I think I'm saved because of my good works, and I think I have the testimony of the Holy Spirit as evidence" etc. etc. but he can't just say, "Yes, I'm saved. I know it. I know I'm going to heaven, and nothing can change that." Because he believes he has to persevere to the end, and that he might be a reprobate false convert that at any point can fall away from the faith if God has so decreed it from eternity past. What kind of security is that?! He doesn't actually know he's saved, but the Bible says I can KNOW I'm saved simply because of my faith in Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe in the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Jason,

I am not sure where you get your information. I am a Calvinist and I know, that I know I am saved. 1 John 2. Though I would not be described as a hyper-calvinist, I am a Calvinist just the same. I am extremely evangelistic and highly missional. These are two other things we get labeled with forn thosecwho really do not know.

My evangelism team member who himself loves to share the gospel, went on a tyrade about Calvinists do not evangelize. After he finished and I shared with him my position on Calvinism, he had to rethink what others had said, especially those againt Calvinism.

jle
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Return to Welcome Forum