[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hi

Hi

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hi

Postby WayneWSW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm

My name is Wayne Webb. I called on the Lord Jesus on May 11th, 1986 in an Idependent Baptist church but am currently a member of a Southern Baptist church. I am a graphics designer/entrepreneur/sheep farmer in NW Florida. Thanks for letting me join the board.
WayneWSW

Re: Hi

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Welcome, Wayne. We hope you find some of what you seek among us. This group has new members but a number of us who have known each other for years and will often tweak one another in love, so don't give up on us the first time you find something with which you disagree. We often have that element, and it makes the board a better place. If any of us among the site administrators can be of help, please ask.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm

What Dave said.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby WayneWSW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome.
WayneWSW

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Howdy and welcome! :wave: Are you anywhere near Pensacola? I spent 6 very interesting months at the Naval Air Station there in 1973. Quite a change from my native Washington state. We had sheep till I was about 6, so when I started going to Sunday school and they talked about lost sheep, I knew right what they were talking about.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby WayneWSW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Is it wetter and cooler in Washington State? We are about 125 miles east of Pensacola near the little town of Wausau. It has two convenience stores, a Masonic lodge, a fire station, an open-air community center, a restaurant, a post office and one caution light. About the sheep; the message which was preached on the morning I was saved, was entitled "the Lord is my Shepherd" and I have wanted some sheep ever since. I finally bought the first ones almost 3 years ago and I too have learned some things about sheep which I could only have gotten from raising them. Thanks for the warm welcome!
WayneWSW

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:49 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby WayneWSW » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi and thanks,
Our family band has played at several Methodist churches on Sunday afternoons and Saturday nights. Heard some good Gospel messages preached at one of them too, which is not common for a Saturday night sing.
WayneWSW

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Washington is certainly cooler than Florida, but from what I remember, Florida was MUCH wetter the months I was there. Apparently I was there during a freak year however. It was unusually cold in Orlando where I went for Women Recruit training from the beginning of November to just before Christmas. Our company commander taught us the insulation value of wearing several pair of panty hose at one time when mud puddles froze solid and we were marching outdoors in skirts. It snowed lightly once when I was in Pensacola for Photo school, and it was comical to see people trying to drive who had probably never seen the stuff before. It lasted long enough for some sailors who gathered up all the snow they could find to build a little snowman. The following March, it seemed to rain record amounts all month, and I got very popular at the Photo school, because according to uniform regulations, women could carry plain black umbrellas while in uniform, but enlisted men couldn't. It said nothing about the men walking UNDER an umbrella however. My partner in the class had a huge black golf umbrella that he would hand me when it was raining, and there were room for a couple of my classmates underneath if I held it up. :lol:
The Cascade range makes a barrier going North to South and splits Washington into two climate zones. Dense, green forests (where there aren't cities and houses) on the west side, where the moisture blows in from the Pacific Ocean and gives us ample rain, and cool summers, and dry and hot on the east side of the mountains. Early in the 20th century, huge federal engineering projects built dams on several rivers and brought irrigation to fields and low cost electricity to the region. Can you tell I am very fond of my "Evergreen State"?
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)